A+    A-

Chapter Seven

Kurt'sPOV;

After doing blood work, taking tests, being asked questions, and an ultrasound, the doctor finally came in the room to tell me the news. I was scared to death. I already knew what was going to happen. I lost the baby.

"Your baby is fine." The doctor said, taking me by surprise. Relief washed over my body.

"Thank God." I whispered.

"See, Kurt, it's normal to have light bleeding from time to time. But if this keeps up or gets heavy, be sure to contact me."

"Okay." I said with a nod. It never said on the pregnancy papers that it was okay to bleed lightly.

I walked down the dim hallway and back into the waiting room where Eddie was waiting for me. He sat in the grey chair with his head down. I slowly approached him and put my finger under his chin. I lifted his head up and pressed my lips against his. I knew there was homophobic people around, but I didn't care.

When I pulled away I smiled at him. "Everything's fine."

He sighed in relief and stood up. Wrapping his arms around me, he pulled me into his warm chest. I couldn't be more relieved myself that the baby was fine.

"Let's go home." He whispered in my ear before pulling away from the hug.

****
***
**
*

Eddie hovered overtop me, his lips locked with mine. His lips were so soft and sweet. It was odd, but he tasted just like strawberries. My legs were wrapped around his waist while my fingers were tangled in his thick hair.

"You're such a tease, you know that?" He mumbled against my lips.

"How's that?" I asked quickly between kisses. He pulled away for a moment so we could catch our breath.

"You know my mother is coming here soon. We don't have time." He explained. I didn't say another word. I only leaned up and connected our lips again.

I removed my hands from his hair and ran them down his body until I got to the button on his jeans. I unbuttoned them and ran my hand into his jeans. Gently, I massaged him through his boxers.

We began kissing fast and hard. I ran my tongue against his bottom lip, asking for permission to explore his mouth. Which thankfully he allowed me to.

I massaged my tongue against his before moaning against his lips. I really wanted to do it so bad right now. It wouldn't hurt the baby anyway. It would be perfectly fine. But it seems as if I picked a bad time to start because next thing I knew there was a loud knock at the door.

Eddie quickly rolled off me, landing on the floor. He buttoned his jeans back and ran his fingers through his hair. I sat up from the couch and wiped my lips off.

Eddie opened the door, his mother, Karen, quickly rushed inside, giving him a huge hug. This wasn't the first time I had seen his mother. She's actually very nice.

"Oh I'm so glad to see you two!" She said, speed walking over to me while Eddie shut the door. I stood up from the couch, giving her better access to give me a hug. And it was seriously the tightest hug I'd ever have.

"It's good to see you, too." I said, pulling away from her.

"I brought some stuff for you." She said, giving me a bowl with a lid on it. "There's some brownies, cookies, and fudge."

"Oh, you didn't have to do that." I said before I thanked her.

"Of course I had to. You are the one my son loves and well, I love you too. Plus, Eddie told me the good news." She said, saying the last line in a singing tone.

"Oh did he?" I asked, looking at Eddie.

"Uh huh. Ooo, I can't wait! Have you picked any names out yet? How long are you sweetie?"

"I'll be eight weeks tomorrow." I said, putting my hand on my stomach. She grinned before pulling me into another hug.

"Mom, don't crush the baby!" Eddie groaned. I chuckled.

"Stay out of this." She said, pulling away from me. We all then took a seat on the couch.

"So, what's it like to be pregnant?" She asked, patting my knee.

"Eh, you know, it has it's ups and downs. Morning sickness, cramps, headaches, backaches. But it's cute when Eddie lays down and talks to the baby and kisses my stomach."

"Awwww."

Eddie's cheeks looked as if they could catch on fire. I giggled at him.

"I remember when you and Eddie first started dating. You was all he talked about. One night he called me and he said mom, I've found this guy. He's just wonderful and-"

"Mom," Eddie groaned. "Stop embarrassing me."

"Aww, did you, Eddie?" I teased, taking his hand in mine.

"Has Eddie proposed to you yet?" She suddenly asked. I shook my head.

"No, not yet."

She looked at Eddie, giving him a death glare. "Eddie, get on one knee right now."

"I will eventually. Maybe soon."

"You better. I like him. He's a keeper."

I chuckled while Eddie rolled his eyes. His mother was more of a mother to methan my own mom.

"Well I'm defiantly not leaving him." Eddie said, wrapping both his warm arms around me.

Karen sighed. "You two are so cute together. I just want to squeeze you both."

"I think you've gave us enough squeezing for one day." Eddie said. She stood up.

"One more." She said, grasping us both into her arms.

The rest of the day was full of laughter and hugs from Eddie's mother. After she left, me and Eddie had a shower together and cuddled.

"There's a party tomorrow." Eddie said, twisting my hair around his fingers. "I'd like for you to go with me. We won't drink or anything. I'd just like to show you to some of my friends."

"Okay. But no drinking."

"No drinking." He repeated.

"Okay baby. Goodnight. I love you."

He kissed my head. "Sweet dreams angel. I love you, too."

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Chapter Eight

Sorry for so many POV changes!
----------

"Hi, I'm Kurt." I said, shaking a man's hand of what I learned his name to be Flea. Well, it wasn't his real name, but he liked to be called that. I had met a lot of Eddie's friends and they had seemed to be all nice people.

"Great to meet you, Kurt. I heard you're quite the guitarist." Flea said. "I like to play bass. My friend, Chad, likes to play drums."

"Chad Channing?" I asked.

"Chad Smith."

"Oh, okay. I had a friend named Chad who was interested in drums." I explained.

"Oh. Cool. Me and Chad really hope to be in a band someday. All we need is a guitarist and a lead singer. You know, maybe I could play bass, Chad on drums, you on a guitar, and Eddie singing."

Eddie chuckled. "Me, sing? No way. No one would want to listen to that."

"I didn't know you sang." I said, turning my attention over to Eddie.

"Well, sometimes. But I'm not any good."

Flea snickered. "Not any good? You're great. Get him to sing for you one day." He said to me and then he walked away.

"I want to hear you sing." I whined. He kissed my nose.

"Maybe later."

"I see you've finally made it." Dave said as he approached us. I could the air get thicker between him and Eddie.

"Yeah, we made it." Eddie said, rolling his eyes a bit. Dave grinned as his eyes trailed all over me. I no longer felt comforter.

"Umm, I have to go to the bathroom real quick." I said before taking off.

---

Eddie's POV;

"Stop looking at my boyfriend like he's a piece of candy or something." I spat. Dave rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing with him, Vedder? Look at him. I'd tear him apart."

I could feel my eye twitch. I balled my hands into fist. "Better back off, David. I'm not in the mood for your shit tonight."

He chuckled. "I'm just messing with you, Vedder. Chill."

I bit the inside of my jaw. "You better be."

---
Kurt'sPOV;

When I returned back, I could tell Eddie was angry. I had no idea what happened, and I figured it probably wasn't a good time to ask.

He grabbed my hand and locked our fingers together before he led me away from Dave.

"Will you do something for me?" He asked.

"Yeah. Anything."

"Don't talk to Dave, please. Please."

"Okay. But, why not?"

"He's a bad guy." Was all he said.

"Eddie," Someone's voice said from behind us. We both turned around at once. "How's it going man?"

"Great. How about you?"

"Great. Is this your boyfriend, umm... Kurt? Kurt, right?" He asked. Eddie nodded.

"Yeah. This is Kurt. Kurt, this is Billie Joe."

"Hi." I said, giving him a small smile.

"Hey. How are you doing?"

"Good, good."

He smiled. "Great. Hey, have you guys seen Tre? I need to get him home soon."

Eddie shrugged. "I haven't seen him. But I'll be on the lookout."

Billie Joe patted his back. "Okay. C'ya."

And then he walked off. I started to feel a bit dizzy. Maybe because all these people and the blasting music. My back started to hurt. And I even felt a bit sick.

I looked up at Eddie. "Baby?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I need to sit down for a while."

"Okay. Follow me." He said, leading me toward the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for me at the kitchen table. After sitting down, he pushed the chair in.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked in my ear.

"Maybe some water."

"Alright. I'll be right back."

After he disappeared into the crowd somewhere, Dave showed back up. He pulled out a chair in front of me and smiled.

"You're really beautiful, you know that? How'd you ever end up with Eddie?"

I ignored him and looked down at the floor. I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want Eddie mad at me.

"Awe don't be like that. Talk to me kitten."

"Can you like walk away? Eddie will be back any second." I said quietly. He laughed.

"C'mon, let's go dance." He said, standing from his chair. I shook my head for a no, but it seemed as if he wasn't taking it for an answer.

He grabbed my arm and forcefully jerked me up from the chair. I nearly fell in the floor, and if he didn't have ahold of me I probably would have.

I wanted to get away, but he was holding me still. I tried to fight my way off him, but I just couldn't. He roughly ground his hips into mine and honestly, it kinda hurt.

I could feel something warm running down my cheeks. Tears. I wanted him to let me go. I was scared.

"Eddie!" I repeated over and over. I needed his help.

"Shut up." Dave said through gritting teeth in my ear. I pressed my hands against his chest, trying to push him away.

Next thing I knew I saw a fist in front of me. I wasn't the one who got punched, it was Dave. Eddie stood there, punching him over and over. I instantly just hit the floor. It wasn't a hard fall though.

I just wanted to go home. I closed my eyes, but I could hear punches being thrown and a crowd cheering it on. Finally, it stopped and everything went silent for a moment. When I opened my eyes, I saw some guys helping Dave up. I could see blood pouring from his nose.

"Dude, you okay?" A voice above me asked. I looked up to see Billie Joe along with someone else who I didn't know. They both helped me to my feet and sat me down in a chair.

"What happened?" The other one asked.

"I-I don't know." I said shakily. Billie Joe handed me a cup.

"Here, drink this." He said. I sniffed it to make sure it wasn't alcohol. It was only water.

I didn't just drink it; I chugged it. After calming down, I told Billie Joe and the other guy what had happened.

"That's terrible." Billie said, shaking his head.

"Where's Eddie?" I asked, looking around the crowed room for him.

"Check the basement." The other guy said. I nodded before standing up.

"I'll talk to you guys later." I said. They said their goodbyes and then I headed down to the basement.

Sure enough, Eddie was sitting against the wall. His eyes were closed, but I could see tears were running down his cheeks. He had a bottle of alcohol sitting beside him.

"Eddie..." I whispered, kneeling down beside him. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Hey. Are... Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'm sorry for leaving you I just... I didn't know what to do."

"It's okay, baby. I understand."

He wiped his eyes and sniffled. "I can't believe he touched you. My baby..."

"I tried to stop him, Eddie but-"

"I know. I saw."

"You're not drinking, are you?" I asked, looking at the bottle. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Eddie, please don't. You know I hate it when you're drunk." I whispered. And it was terrible when he was drunk. He was... angry and abusive.

"I know... I-I'm sorry. I swear I haven't drank any." He swore and then more tears ran down his face.

"Shhhh. It's okay baby." I whispered, wiping his eyes with my sleeve. He picked the bottle up and threw it across the room; smashing it against the wall.

"I knew I shouldn't have came here." He said, looking down. "I shouldn't have brought you here. You're too beautiful and everyone wants you."

"Dave's just being a jerk."

"I'm going to tell you something." He said, pulling me down on his lap. "A few years ago, I had a boyfriend. I thought I loved him. Well, you know how all that goes. And... After Dave found out about him he kept on and on until he finally took him away from me."

"Yeah." I said, letting him know I was listening.

"I thought it would kill me. Mainly because I thought Dave was better than me and that I'd never find anyone as amazing as him. But I did. I found someone way more amazing than he could ever be. You. And now Dave's after you, but I can't let him take you. I love you more than anything else in this fu.cking world."

"I could never leave you, Eddie. I love you far too much to do that."

"I really don't like hurting people, but when I saw he had his hands on you I just went crazy."

"Yeah, you went ape shit." I said, making him laugh a little.

"I never knew what love was until I met you though, Kurt." He said, his blue eyes looking into mine. "I'm crazy about you."

"And I'm crazy about you." I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"I love you."

I pecked his lips. "I love you, too."

"Please, promise me one thing." He pleaded.

"What's that?"

"That you'll never leave me. Because if you do, I don't know if I could live anymore or not."

"I promise I'll never leave you. I promise, I promise, I promise."

He smiled. "Good."

"Can we please go home now?" I whined. "I've had enough for one day, and I'm hungry."

"Yeah, I'll take you home and I'm going to hold you all night."

"Sounds amazing."

We both stood up and walked out of the cold basement. As we left, I saw that Dave was giving us a glare, but I didn't care. He wasn't going to tear us apart. Nothing was.

And someday, I'll get my revenge on Dave Grohl...



^ back to top ^