A+    A-

Chapter Five

"Kurt Donald Cobain where have you been?" My mother said angrily through the phone. I sighed as she continued to go on and on about how she was worried.

"Kurt Donald Cobain where have you been?" Eddie mocked, resting one hand on his hip while doing some weird finger thing with the other hand. I laughed quietly.

"I've been at Eddie's, mom. Don't worry."

"And you couldn't have at least called me and told me you were at his house? Jesus Christ. What am I going to do with you?"

"I don't know." I answered. Eddie crawled up in bed behind me and ran his cold fingertips down my back, making me shiver. I giggled and arched my back.

"Stop." I scolded playfully in a whisper. He smirked and wrapped his arms around me.

"Your father is wanting to see you tomorrow." Mom said.

"Why's that?"

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"Okay. I have to go, mom. I'll talk to you later. I love you."

She sighed. "You better be home by this evening. I love you, too."

Then we hung up.

"My back hurts." I groaned.

"Pregnancy symptoms." Eddie whispered against my warm skin.

"I'm suppose to see my dad tomorrow." I said quietly. "I don't really want to though."

"How come?"

"Because he never cared for me. He left when I was a little boy. He never tried to see me anymore. He just disappeared and now he suddenly wants to see me. I just don't understand."

"How could he leave an angel like you?" He asked. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I have a sister. I never got to see her though. I wonder what she looks like. And if she looks anything like me." I said.

"Maybe you'll see her tomorrow."

I sighed. "Maybe."

And then a wave of nausea washed over my body. As quickly as I could, I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Luckily I had made it to the toilet and didn't throw up all over his floor. I really hated puking, but it was something I had to do for the next few months.

"You okay, baby boy?" Eddie asked, patting my back. I wiped my mouth off and sat in the floor next to the toilet.

"Yeah. It's nothing. Just morning sickness." I groaned before flushing it down.

"You want something to drink?" He asked.

"Maybe some water." I said softly. He nodded and left the room. I just sat there and rubbed my stomach. I wondered if that was what dad wanted to see me about, but I guess I'll have to find out later.

****
***
**
*

"Kurt! Why look at you! You're all grown up." My father said, pulling me into a hug that I didn't return. My mom had dropped me off at his house, promising she'd be back to get me.

"Well I am seventeen now." I said with a roll of the eyes.

"I know that. Well, have a seat. Make yourself at home. I'll be straight back." He said before leaving the room. I took a seat on the couch. This place would never be home. It was way too fancy. I didn't like that.

"Here's some water." He said, sitting a glass in front of me. I didn't touch it though.

"So why did you want to see me?" I asked, cutting to the chase.

He sighed and took a seat beside me. "I heard that you're pregnant."

I nodded and looked down. "How'd you know?"

"Me and your mother still talk. About you of course. So, tell me about this Eddie guy. What's he like? He is the dad, right?"

"Of course he's the dad. And he's going to be the best dad ever. He's amazing, smart, funny, and he likes the things I like. I love him." I spoke quickly.

"How would you feel if you didn't see him for a while?"

"Huh?"

He cleared his throat. "Listen, Kurt, you're seventeen. You're still in school. You have an education to worry about. Eddie, he's out of school. He doesn't have to worry about it. You've already missed twenty six days just because of him."

"So what? I don't see why any of this is your business." I snapped. He sighed.

"I want what's best for you. I think you should stop seeing Eddie for a while. Just until you graduate."

"Just? That's like another fu.cking year! What about the baby, huh? You and mom thinks he doesn't care. But he does. He loves me and he's so excited for this baby. No, I'm not going a year and a half without seeing him."

"Kurt, you really need to consider-"

"Consider nothing. I don't even know why I came here to see you."

"So what are you going to do? Drop out? I guess you'll be nothing just like your stupid boyfriend."

"Don't you dare ever say something like that about him again." I spat.

"Stop being a spoiled bitch, Kurt."

And that was it. I just couldn't control myself. I punched him across the face with all my might. If he wasn't my father, I would've freaking killed him.

Without another word, I walked out. Thankfully mom was sitting outside in her car, waiting for me. I rushed into the car and slipped on my seatbelt.

"Let's go." Was all I said. I put my head against the window. I was so upset. I just wanted to cry. How could he say such things?

"Will you take me to Eddie's?" I asked. Mom looked over at me a moment before looking back at the road.

"Why?"

"Please." I begged. I was desperate to see him. So, she made a left turn and before long we were there. I didn't speak to her. I just got out of the car and went up to his apartment room. He was still at work, but I had a key. So what I did was sit on his couch until he returned from work.

****
***
**
*

"Woah you scared me." Eddie said as he put his hand over his heart. I stood up from my seat and pulled him into a hug.

"Aw, angel. What's wrong?" He asked, soothingly rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"My dad. He's... He's such a dick."

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry."

I knew my tears were staining his shirt, but they would eventually dry. "He tried to get me to stop seeing you until I graduate. I-I couldn't believe it. Does he expect me to raise the baby myself? That would be a full year you'd miss out. I would miss you too much. I couldn't ever do that."

"Baby, I'm sorry he's like that."

"He called me a spoiled bitch and I... I punched him."

"Well he fu.cking deserved it."

By the sound of his voice, I knew he was getting angry. I pulled away from his chest and looked into his eyes.

"I love you. And I think I've made up my mind. I'm gonna drop out and stay here with you."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Positive."

"Well I can't stop you."

"What about my friends though? Can they still come over?"

"Of course."

I sighed in relief. "Good. I guess tomorrow will be my last day of school."

Chapter Six

I stood in front of the mirror, holding my shirt up. Seven weeks pregnant already. I wasn't showing yet and Eddie didn't think I'd show much at all because of my weight.

I saw him approach me from the mirror. He snaked his arm around me, resting his hand on my tummy. He was only in boxers and just, damn.

"Are you sure you'll be alright here by yourself?" He asked. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. I had dropped out of school and moved in with him about a week ago.

"Of course. Besides, my friends are suppose to come over. I'm going to tell them the news."

"Are you?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

He pecked my lips. "Great. I have to get dressed now."

"But you look so good in your underwear." I whined. He done a few poses for me. Laughing at himself, he began to put on some jeans.

I stepped closer to him until his body was nearly pressed against mine. Ever so gently I placed kisses up and down his neck. He tossed his head to the side.

"Baby I have to go to work." He whined. "Don't tease me."

"I'm gonna miss you." I whispered in his ear before I pulled away. He cupped my cheek and gave me a passionate kiss.

"I'm gonna miss you, too. Good luck with your friends."

He slipped on a shirt and shoes before putting his keys and wallet into his pocket. He gave me another kiss and a quick hug.

I opened to door for him. "Have a good day baby."

"You too. I'll see you in a few hours."

While I was alone, I sat around reading the pregnancy papers for month three which was soon to come up. My friends finally began to show up, but it only seemed one by one. First was Anthony, then Krist, next Gavin, and Layne and Jerry showed up together. I talked to a lot of people, but I only counted very few as friends.

"Well what did you need to tell us?" Layne asked, sitting on Jerry's lap. I took in a deep breath before slowly letting it out.

"Guys... I'm pregnant."

The silent room was then filled with laughter. Of course they didn't take me seriously, so I explained everything from the start.

****
***
**
*

Eddie'sPOV;

I looked over the albums again, searching for Mudhoney or The Melvin's, two of Kurt's favorite bands. I couldn't find one by Mudhoney, so I decided to get The Melvin's.

"Vedder, where's your boyfriend tonight?" Dave spoke loudly into the silent room.

"He's at home."

"Are you bringing him to the party Friday night?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't think so. We'll probably just stay around home."

"Well, you should bring him and introduce him to everyone."

I raised my eyebrow. "Are you sure you just don't want to see him?"

He chuckled. "Are you high?"

"Listen, Dave," I said, poking his chest. "He's mine. You done this to me once, but it's never going to happen again, you got that?"

"That was such a long time ago." He said, rolling his brown eyes.

"Seriously, stay away from him. I love him, and he loves me. You are not getting in the way of us, understand?"

"Yeah whatever. I just wanted to know my employee's boyfriend. Maybe I could give him a job here."

"He doesn't need a job right now. He's-... he just has a lot going on right now."

I walked past him and went up to the counter. I rang up the album and put the money in the cash register. I also got Kurt some guitar strings. He hasn't played his Fender since his two strings broke.

"Well I'd just like to speak to him. He seems pretty cool."

"Sure, I'll let you talk to him. But no way in Hell will you flirt with him."

"Pfft. I won't."

"You better not if you know what's best for you, Grohl." I spoke with anger as I slipped my jacket on. I gathered my items and before anything else was said, I clocked out and left.

On the way home, I ran into the flower shop. Of course I stopped to pick him up some flowers. I couldn't decided on getting him roses or lilies.

Well, he did always like white lilies. So that's what I got him. Twelve white lilies.

I couldn't wait to get home to see him. Thoughts of him ran through my head all day. He was just so beautiful. No other human being could ever match up to his beauty. I bet the baby will look just like him.

After thinking of Kurt for about ten minutes, I was finally at my apartment. I rushed inside, but once I opened the door I noticed he wasn't there.

"Kurt? Baby? Where are you?" I asked as I walked further into the room. I put the things I got him on the counter and took my jacket off.

I stood there silently. I could hear soft sobbing coming from the bathroom. When I opened up the door, he sat in the floor, his knees pulled up to his chest, crying softly.

"Go away." He sobbed. "Just leave."

"Kurt, what's wr-"

"I'm just a freak." He said, raising his voice. "I shouldn't even be alive."

I sat down beside him. "Don't even say that. Kurt, you're not a freak. I'm glad your alive. Please baby, calm down. Don't talk like that."

"How could you even love me, Eddie? I'm not... right. I'm weird."

"But weird is amazing." I said, taking his hand. "How could I not love you? You're you and I love you."

I noticed a smile almost spread across his face, but he somehow stopped it. He looked away from me and stared down at the white tile floor.

"I need you tonight, Eddie." He whispered. "Don't leave me."

"I won't leave you." I promised. "Tell me, what's bothering you?"

He cleared his throat. "I told them..." Then he started to bite his fingernails, something he did while he was nervous. "They laughed at me and told me I was a... a freak. They started calling me a girl and a transgender and all this shit."

I balled my hand into a fist. How could they do such a thing? He was so sweet and fragile. I had to grit my teeth to hold back from punching the floor.

"What am I?" He asked almost in a whisper.

"You're perfect, Kurt. Please don't listen to them. They're all idiots."

Then he started to cry again. "I hate myself. I don't want to be like this, Eddie. A guy isn't suppose to be pregnant. I don't want this!"

He began to scream. I held his arms down and tried to calm him down a bit. Of course he tried to fight back to get his arms loose, but he couldn't.

"Kurt, listen to me, you do want this. We both want this. You're just letting them get to your head. Baby, shhhh. Calm down. Don't cry." I said in a calm voice. He wasn't calming down, so all I could do was smash my lips against his.

It took him a little while to kiss back, but he finally did. His soft lips moved in perfect rhythm with mine. I kissed him until I felt his body loose tense. He melted into me and I wrapped my arms around him.

I pulled away from the kiss and rest my head on his shoulder. My fingers ran through his blonde hair over and over. I was glad he had finally calmed down. I didn't want him hurting himself.

"I'm sorry, Eddie." He whispered.

"It's okay. You don't have anything to be sorry for, alright? C'mon, let's go to bed. I know you're tired."

I stood up and picked him up bridal style. I swear he couldn't weight over eighty pounds. He was so light.

I gently laid him down on the bed and laid beside him. I pulled the comforter over us and wrapped my arm around him. He snuggled himself into my chest. He was the cutest little thing.

Everything was silent for a while until he whispered into the darkness. His voice seemed shaky and I could tell his throat would be sore in the morning from all the yelling.

"Eddie?" He whispered.

"Hm?"

"When I said I didn't want this, I-I didn't mean it. I want this more than anything. I was just upset and caught in the moment and... I... just..."

"I understand, baby. I know you want this. And I do too. But you need to sleep. Everything will be better when you wake up."

"Okay, but I have to pee." He said before crawling out of bed. "I'll be right back."

And not even ten seconds later I could hear his light footsteps running into the room. His face had fear written all over it. He stood there, holding to his stomach.

"I need to go to the hospital! I'm bleeding!" He rushed out, his voice panicked. I launched out of bed and rushed him to the car. I sped the whole way to the hospital.

I couldn't loose this baby.



^ back to top ^