A+    A-

Chapter Three

~ About 3 Weeks Later ~

"Ugh... shit." I groaned, rising my head up from the garbage can. This made twice this morning I had already threw up. I felt completely fine and then all at once it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Mom I don't think I can go to school today." I told her. I guess she heard me throwing up, because I heard her sneak up behind me.

"Kurt... I think we need to have a talk." She said quietly, giving me a cup of water that was in her hand. "Drink some of this and meet me downstairs in the living room."

"Okay."

I stood in the bathroom and slowly drank some of the water. I splashed some cold water from the sink over my face. After making sure I was finished puking, I headed downstairs to see what my mother had to tell me.

I took a seat down beside her on the leather couch. She cleared her throat before holding one of my hands.

"Kurt, I know you may think I'm kidding about everything I tell you. It may seem impossible, but it's all true and I need you to listen to me carefully."

I nodded. "Go on."

"Well... You know there's male and female reproduction systems. And of course you are a male, but you don't have a male reproduction system. So, you are capable of having a baby. That's why when you told me you and Eddie had sex I asked did you use protection."

"What?! Mom, seriously... What have you been taking?" I asked amazed. None of this made sense. How could I have a female reproduction system?!

"Kurt, I'm being honest. I never told you this because I thought you'd never really need to know. I didn't think this would ever happen. And Kurt... You may be pregnant."

I felt as if I could have fainted at that moment. Everything seemed like a blur. Me, pregnant? I couldn't carry a baby. I'm still in school, I have no job, and what the hell would Eddie think about this?

I stood up from my seat. My heart was racing. Is this real? Am I in one of those dreams you can't seem to get out of? This can't be real.

"Mom I think I'm going to pass out." I informed her. She stood up and sat me back down.

"Breathe, Kurt. Everything is going to be okay. Look at it this way, you and Eddie will get married, and live together, and you'll have a beautiful baby together. You want that, don't you?"

"Of course."

"Good. Now get dressed. We're going to the doctor."

"O-okay." I said, pulling my shaky body off the couch.

***
**
*

"I'm scared." I whispered to mom. She patted my knee.

"Everything's going to be okay. I promise."

"Kurt Cobain?" A nurse with blonde hair had asked me. I nodded my head and stood from my seat. She lead me back into a room where they take the ultrasounds.

"Your mother talked to me on the phone. She thinks you may be pregnant, correct?"

"Well... yeah." I said awkwardly. She smiled.

"Excellent. Just lay down and get comfortable." She said while she got everything ready. I laid down and pulled up my shirt. She tucked a cloth down in my jeans so the gel wouldn't get on them.

As she rubbed the gel around on my stomach, I shivered. It was so cold and the room temperature didn't help. She sat in a chair next to me and began to rub the probe around on my stomach. As she did so, I looked at the posters on the wall.

Mostly they were about the body, and a few of them about pregnancy. I laid there patiently while she took pictures and scanned me with the probe.

"I'm going to send this pictures to your doctor and let him have a look at it. Just because he's your family doctor, you know."

"Yeah." I spoke quietly.

"We'll be done in just a moment." She informed. I didn't reply. I just said there waiting for her to finish.

"Okay," She said, turning off the machine. "I could see that you're indeed pregnant. Exactly by two weeks and a half. Hang on just a moment and I'll give you a picture of your ultrasound."

She then gave me some tissues so that I could clean the gel off myself. While she was gone, I cleaned myself up and sat up from the bed.

"What am I going to do?" I said aloud to myself as I ran my fingers through my hair. I had to tell Eddie, but how would he take it? He would probably call me a freak, which, well, I kinda am.

"Alright," The nurse spoke as she came back into the room. "Here's your ultrasound picture and here's a couple papers about being pregnant and what to expect for the next nine months. Congratulations! You'll all set to go."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Anytime."

As I left the room, I looked at the ultrasound picture. I could see that there was a baby there. It was just so hard to believe. How could mom have never told me this before now?

***
**
*

"Hey, Eddie. Do you think you could come over? I really need to talk to you."

"Is something wrong?"

"No, no. Nothing's wrong. I just need to talk to you in person."

"Okay. I'm leaving right now. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. Be careful. I love you."

"I love you, too." He said before hanging up.

"Mom, please be nice to him." I pleaded. She lightly chuckled.

"I'll just head out and you two can talk alone."

"I don't know if I can do it alone." I sighed.

"You'll be fine." She said before she placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "He loves you."

"He better."

She laughed. "Well, he should be here soon. I'll be back in about half an hour. Good luck."

"Bye, mom." I said as she walked out the door. After about ten minutes of being alone, Eddie showed up.

"Hey, baby. What's going on?" He asked before he pecked my lips. I took his hand and led him to the couch. We both sat down and that was when I began to talk.

"Eddie, you know I love you so so so much. And... I hope what I tell you doesn't change things between us." I said quietly. I felt like I was about to cry. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me but, I think after I tell you this you won't love me anymore."

"Just tell me. You can tell me anything. What is it?" He asked quickly. He grabbed both my arms and stared into my eyes, waiting for me to speak once again. He was getting impatient.

"Eddie... I-I'm pregnant."

"Huh?"

"I know it's crazy. It's so fucking crazy but I am. I'm two and a half weeks pregnant."

"But... How?"

"I don't have a male reproduction system. I have a females. Meaning I'm able to have a baby. Your baby."

He stayed silent. He just sat there holding my arms and staring at me. I looked down at the floor. I knew it. He thinks I'm a freak.

"I understand if you don't want to be-"

"Kurt! This is perfect!" He said, wrapping his arms around me and squeezing me tightly. I could hear the smile as he spoke.

"Y-you think so?"

"Of course. The sooner we can get married. And the baby will be ours. We won't have to adopt. It'll look like us and-and... This is just great."

I sighed in relief. "I'm glad you think so. I was afraid you wouldn't want to be with me anymore."

He then pulled away from the hug. "I love you, Kurt. So so so much. Not matter not. We'll be together forever. I'll be here for you every step of the way. Don't ever think I'll leave you."

I smiled before kissing his lips. "Thank you. For being the best."

"How long have you knew?"

"Just today. I woke up throwing up and mom told me about the whole situation. Then I went to the doctor and found out. I had to tell you right away."

"Good."

"Eddie, will you cuddle me?" I asked. He nodded and we laid on the couch, hugged up together. We talked about the baby and names.

And I couldn't help but wonder how I got so lucky to have someone like him.

Chapter Four

"Why weren't you at school yesterday?" Krist asked, taking another drag of his cigarette. Me, him, Layne, Chad, Anthony, Jerry, and Gavin all stood around outside the school smoking and talking. Well, I wasn't smoking.

"I wasn't feeling too good." Was my reply before I sat down on a wooden bench. Jerry and Gavin took a seat beside me while the others stood around.

"How are you and Eddie?" Gavin asked, tucking his hair behind his ear.

"We're great. He gave me a promise ring." I said, holding my hand up; showing everyone. Yeah, I like to show it off.

"Adorable." Layne said, blowing smoke out of his mouth.

"Aww. Soon you'll be getting married and adopting babies." Anthony said, sitting down on the ground.

"Sooner than you think." I mumbled under my breath.

"Whats that mean?" Jerry asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing."

"Babe," Layne whined, standing in front of Jerry. "I wanna go home now. I'm sleepy."

Jerry took Layne's hand before standing up from the bench. "Okay. Well, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"C'ya." I said, waving goodbye at them. They were such a cute couple and I absolutely adored them. Plus, I was the one who got them together and I'm glad I did.

"Hey, isn't that Eddie?" Gavin asked, pointing toward his car. He rolled the car window down and yes, it was him. He grinned at me before stepping out of the car and walking toward us.

"Hey, gorgeous." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He pressed his lips against mine, only giving me a quick kiss.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked, a little surprised to see him. Usually he'd be at work right now.

"Well, I don't have to go in until the store closes to stack stuff, and I really wanted to see you. I figured you were still here." He explained. I wrapped both arms around him and gave him a tight hug.

"Krist, Chad, Gavin, Anthony, how you guys doing?" Eddie asked. They all replied with a great, good, or okay.

"Good, good. Well, if you don't mind I'm going to steal Kurt away from you all." Eddie chuckled. We said our goodbyes and then we were on our way.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I thought we could maybe go to my place for a while and talk."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I'm really glad to see you."

He looked over at me and smiled. "I'm glad to see you, too. And might I say that you are looking beautiful today. Well, like every day of course."

I chuckled. "You're crazy."

"You're staying with me tonight, you know that?"

"What about school?" I asked.

"Well, you're going to come with me to the shop, lay with me tonight, and say fuck school."

"Or I could go home and attend school." I said, just playing around with him of course.

He pointed his finger at me with a grin on his face. He looked over at me a moment and then back at the road. "No. I'll... I'll... Hmm... Tickle you."

I gasped. "You wouldn't."

He nodded. "I would, little boy."

"Okay, daddy."

"That's just wrong. So so wrong." He said, bursting into laughter. I laughed along with him.

The rest of the ride we joked and laughed together. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. And with me being pregnant, it brought us closer together.

"Well it looks like your lazy butt finally cleaned this place up." I teased. He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled. He was so attractive I just wanted to push him against the wall and let him treat me like a whore. But I had to control myself.

"Yeah. Finally." He agreed and wrapped his arms around me from behind. He gently squeezed me before he ran his hand up my shirt, feeling of my stomach.

"I'm so thankful we're having a baby, do you know that?"

I smiled and rest my head against his shoulder. "Me too."

"Does your friends know?"

I shook my head. "Not yet. But I'll tell them sooner or later."

"So... What are you going to do? I mean, are you going to finish school or?"

I shrugged. "I really don't know. I haven't thought about it too much. I think I'll go a few more months and maybe I'll drop out."

"And when you do... You're moving in with me." He said before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I have something to show you." He said, taking my hand and lacing our fingers together. "Close your eyes."

I did as told and shut my eyes. He began to lead me through the house, being careful not to bump me into stuff. He stopped and I could hear a door open.

"Open your eyes." He whispered. I opened my eyes to see an almost empty room. It had inside a baby crib, a closet, and a white dresser drawer.

"Aw, Eddie." I said, a huge smile creeping on my face. "It's so cute."

"I'm just really excited. I haven't started painting the walls yet and I need to add a few things. But first I need to find out the gender of the baby."

"You're going to be a great dad." I told him. He smiled.

"So are you. But, we need to go now. Dave is gonna be pissed if I don't show up on time." He said, rolling his blue eyes.

"Well, let's get to it."

****
***
**
*

"Finally you decide to show up, Vedder." Eddie's boss, Dave, said as soon as we walked inside. I didn't really see what the big deal was. The store was closed anyway.

"Who's this?" Dave asked, pointing toward me. Eddie wrapped his arm around me.

"This is my boyfriend, Kurt."

"Now I see why you stand around daydreaming all the time." Dave said. I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that.

"Yeah, well, I'm here. You can go now." Eddie said. Dave rolled his eyes.

"Be sure to lock up, Vedder." Was his last words before he left. Now it was only me and Eddie.

"Okay. You stay right here, mister." He said as he sat me up on the counter.

I pouted. "I can't help?"

"Nope. Just stay here and talk to me."

"Can I play that guitar?" I asked, pointing to the acoustic one that sat next to a bunch of other ones. He shrugged his shoulders and gave me the guitar.

"Don't play too hard."

I began to tune up the beautiful guitar. It was badly out of tune. I began to play the riff of a song that came to my head.

"This song goes out to you, my darling." I said, plucking the strings.

"He gives me everything... and tenderly... the gift my lover brings, he brings to me... and I love him... bright are the stars that shine... dark is the sky... I know this love of mine will never die... and I love him... a love like ours, will never die... as long as I, hold you near me." I said, playing the guitar a few more seconds before ending the song.

Eddie stood there, looking at me in amazement. "I knew you could play guitar, but I didn't know you could sing like that. That was... woah. Perfect."

I blushed. "Thanks. I'm not that good though."

"Liar liar pants on fire." He said as he opened up a large box.

"Do you know how to play guitar?" I asked.

"Not really. A little."

"Come here." I said, moving over a bit. He hopped on the counter beside me. I put the guitar in his lap.

"Do you know the G chord?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Okay," I took his first finger. "You put this finger here." Then I took his middle finger. "Put this finger here." Then I took his third finger. "This one goes here." Then I took his pinkie and sat it on the right string on the correct fret. "And that's it. Now strum all strings."

He strummed them. Over and over again. His hand went in a certain pattern. Up, up, up, down, down, up, down. Then he changed his fingers into a different position.

"This is the E chord, right?"

"Almost. You're just a little off." I said, fixing his fingers. "There. That's the E chord."

He looked straight into my eyes. "Is it?"

I hummed in response. It seemed just like the perfect moment to lean in for a kiss, and we both did at once. Our lips were locked together, and if you asked me, they went perfectly together.

I could just feel that he was the one. With kisses, touches, looks, I just knew it. I felt it. He was the one for me, and there was no one else in the entire world I wanted.

"I should get back to work." He said as we pulled away. I took the guitar off him and continued to play while he did his job.



^ back to top ^