A+    A-

Chapter Eight

~Kurt~

I wake back up now. I noticed that I had my head on Dave's chest. Wait, he's staying with me, why? I can't remember why. I feel so cold, so I take the cover and try to wrap it around me some more, but the cover isn't that big. I wanted my big quilt, but the other day I switched covers because it was getting hot. I was freezing now. I shouldn't be freezing, it's hot outside, and I noticed the air conditioner wasn't on. So why was I freezing? I didn't let it bother me. I heard a knock on the door, then I heard Krist answer it. He must be home since Dave is in bed with me. I hear a womens voice.

"Yeah, he's in Kurt's bedroom." He said.

I noticed Dave starting to wake up. I closed my eyes, Belinda is coming up here, and I didn't want to ruin anything. I already broke them up.

The door opens.

"Dave?" She says.

"Belinda, hi!" He said.

"Why are you in Kurt's bed!" She asked.

"I told you he's sick. I was taking care of him."

"I hope that was all that you were doing." She told him.

I gave her a mean look.

"Bell's we haven't done anything. I swear. Come here, feel. He has a fever."

Belinda touched my head. Grr, I wish she didn't. I don't like her.

"Wow, he really does have a fever, how high is it?" She asked, actually caring for me.

"I don't know, we don't have a thermometer." Dave told her.

"You should."

"He'll be alright." Dave said.

I want to believe Dave that I will be, but I just don't feel like this is a withdrawal anymore. My head hurts, my bones hurt, and it's hard to move without anything hurting.

"Anyways. Dave, we need to start making plans for the baby." Belinda said.

My heart dropped. I felt like crying. God I wish Dave didn't get her pregnant. I thought.

"And we will. You need to make a doctors appointments to make sure the babies fine."

"Already done."

"When you going to tell your mom?"

"Oh, when I start showing. I don't want to fight with her right now.

"Alright."

I act like I start to wake up.

"Oh, I think he's starting to wake up." Dave said.

"Oh, then I guess I should go." Belinda said.

Yay, now I get Dave all to myself.

"Alright." Dave said, kissing her. Then I heard the door close.

"Morning." Dave told me.

"Hi." I said, rolling onto my side of the bed.

It hurt to move.

"How you feeling?"

"To be honest. Dave I feel worser. Aren't I suppose to be feeling better?"

"Lets just give it a few more does alright."

I didn't want to. As much as I hated hospitals, I knew this wasn't a withdrawal. I know I'm not addicted to heroin.

~Dave~

I sit in the house with Belinda going over all the baby stuff. We wanted to be prepared. Kurt wasn't doing any better, he stays in bed all day now, and he's had a fever for the last few days. I keep telling him it's going to pass, but I guess it's not. I know I should do something, but he's not my problem anymore. I'm too focused on Belinda and the baby now. I'm always here for Kurt, I told him that. But he'll get better.

"So, do you want to know if it's a girl or a boy yet?" Belinda asked.

"I think we should know, that way, will know for sure, so we can start buying her or him things." I explained.

Belinda wrote down every detail, so we can be ready, she wasn't too far along, maybe a month pregnant.

"Hey, I'm going to run upstairs for a quick second, alright?" I told her.

She didn't mind. So I ran upstairs, went into my room and grabbed something. It was a surprise for Belinda. On my way back downstairs, I heard a very nasty cough coming from Kurt's room. I haven't really seen him today. So not really sure how he is. I noticed his door opened, I guess he's going to the bathroom.

"Hi Kurt." I say to him.

"Fuck, why is it so bright in here?" He asked.

"What?" I said.

"Nothing. Hey Krist can you do me a favor?" He asked.

I looked at him.

"Kurt, it's Dave." I said.

"Dave, Oh sorry, I thought you were Krist."

"Kurt, you alright?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah, fine. I just need some water. I feel dizzy, and not so well."

I noticed he wasn't looking at me, he was looking all around him.

"Kurt, snap out of it! come on." I said.

Then all of a sudden, from out of know where Kurt collapsed on the floor.

"Kurt!" I screamed.

"Kurt wake up!" I said. He wasn't waking up.

I ran over to the stairs.

"Bella, call 911 FAST!" I yelled at her.

I heard her pick up the phone and dial. I stayed there with Kurt until the paramedics came.


Chapter Nine

I watch as the ambulance drives away. God dam I knew I should have done something, but I never. Now Krist is going to be so angry with me this time. I run and get into my car, Belinda gets in also. We drive up to the hospital.

I run into the hospital and ask for Kurt Cobain. The nurse told me I’d have to wait, so I go over and sit in the living room. Belinda joins me and so does Kirst finally. Krist is mad at me, I can tell. We see the doctor coming out.

“Is he alright?” I asked.

“Kurt’s very sick right now. He’s awake, but I really think he should be getting some rest.”

“Can we see him?” Krist asked.

“You can, but you can’t stay long.” The doctor said.

We walked into the room. It’s so sad to see Kurt like this. It’s all my fault. He said something wasn’t right, but I wouldn’t listen.

“Hey Kurt.” I said.

He looked at me.

“Dave.” He said.

I took his hand.

“Yes. It’s me. Kurt, you gave us a big scare.” I told him.

Krist came over.

“We’re glade you’re going to be alright.” He said.

“I will be, don’t worry.” Kurt said.

I turned around to the Doctor.

“So what’s wrong exactly?” I asked.

“Well, we ran some test and found out Kurt has meningitis. We noticed he’s fever is up really hight.”

“How high?” I asked.

‘105. I’ve never seen anyone survive a fever that high. A fever that high is known to kill someone. But lucky Kurt fought it and is still alive. But I half to say. If you had never gotten him here, he would have died.” The Doctor explained.

“So is he going to be alright?” Dave asked.

My heart was breaking. I can’t believe this, if Kurt had died it would have been all my fault. I started to cry a little.

“We’re not exactly sure right now. We’d have to run some more tests, and get him more treatments. But I’m pretty sure we caught this in time, so maybe nothing bad will happen.” The doctor explained.

He left. I looked to Krist.

“Can I talk to you outside?” He asked.

I looked at Kurt, he was sleeping now. Which was good, he needed it.

“What’s up?” I asked.

He turned to me angry.

“You know!” He said.

I opened my mouth, but he shot me off.

“You fucking knew he was sick and didn’t do anything about it!” he yelled.

“Krist, I’m sorry. I thought it was just a cold. I thought it would pass.” I tried to explain.

“Well look here. It wasn’t just a cold, it was something more serious. And now thanks to you. Are friend is laying in a hospital bed, because of you!”

“Kirst, I’m sorry. I made a mistake!”

“Pft. A mistake. Yeah, no Dave, I think you cared for Kurt in the beginning. But then you found out Belinda was pregnant, then you didn’t want nothing to do with him. Well, Dave, let me tell you. Stay the hell away from Kurt!” He said, and then walked off.

Did he just tell me to stay away from Kurt, how dare him. I walk back into the room, and take Kurt’s hand.

“I’m sorry!” I said, starting to cry.

“If I had done something, you wouldn’t be here.”

“Dave.” I heard my name, and looked at Kurt.

“Hey. I said.”

“I Love You.” Kurt told me.

I stood there stunned. Did Kurt just tell me he loved me. I looked up and seen Belinda standing in the door way looking upset.

“Belinda.” I said.

She walked away without saying anything.


Chapter Ten

I run after Belinda. Fuck she just heard Kurt say he loved him. God Dam it. If it isn’t one thing after another. She reached the door.

“Bell wait!” I said.

“Dave, just leave me alone!” She told me.

“Why, what did I do?” I asked.

“You know what you fucking did. You and Kurt clearly still love each other. It’s never going to change Dave. So just leave me alone, and go back in there and comfort your baby, because I’m never going to amount to him.” She said, crying.

“Bell. I love you and only you. Kurt loves me, but I don’t love him back. All I want is you.” I explain to her.

“Dave, stop. Stop telling me lies. You were only hanging around Kurt, because you love him.”

“No, he was sick, I was just trying to get him better, but I guess that didn’t work. Fuck Belinda, Kurt almost could have died, and you don’t even care about him. He’s fucking in the hospital because of me. Because I was too busy worried about you and the baby.” I explained.

“Fuck You! I do care about Kurt. Why else would I be here with you. If I didn’t care about him, I think I would have been like. I’m out of here call you later. No I’m here for you and for Kurt. But I guess he only wants you. So you know go get him. Because surley that’s what you two want.” Belinda said, walking away again.

This time I didn’t go after her. I knew she needed her space, I do love Kurt, but I love Belinda more. Not because she’s having my baby, but because she’s a women and Kurt’s a guy and I just don’t do the gayness.

I go back into Kurt’s room, but I stop, because I see Krist.

“I thought I told you to stay away.” He said, getting up.

“Krist. Come on, I made a mistake.” I told him.

“Mistakes don’t count here.” Krist said.

I rolled my eyes.

“Come on Krist. Belinda just walked out on me. I don’t need this also.”

“Oh did she, so you thought you’d come back to Kurt, because Belinda walked out. No.” Krist said.

I got mad.

“Krist, stop! You don’t know what the fuck is going on!” I yelled.

He got up.

“Oh and you do?” He asked.

“More than you know.” I said.

“And what exactly is that?” He asked.

“I thought Kurt was hooked to herion!” I yelled.

He looked at me stunned.

“What?” He asked.

“You heard me. That’s why I thought nothing of Kurt. I was trying to help him get off that dam stuff, because I knew he was using it.” I explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because, Kurt didn’t want me to tell you.”

“Why, why was he doing it in the first place?”

“I can’t tell you that.”

“And why not. You already told me everything, why not this.”

“Because. You’ll really freak out of why he started.”

“I think I can handle it.” Krist said.

“Just tell him.” I heard a weak voice coming from Kurt.

I look at him with kind eyes.

“Kurt and I was kind of like seeing each other.” I explained.

Krist looked confused.

“Seeing each other?”

“We’re not gay. We just have a special bond. And…All we ever did was made out.” I told him.

He looked to Kurt, to me.

“You two?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

“Yes! Then I broke it off with him, because I wanted to marry Belinda.” This is when I turned to Kurt.

“Not because she’s pregnant or anything. Because I love her with all my heart.” I said.

Kurt smiled at me.

“But I love you also.” He said.

My heart speeded up.

“I love you to. But, I don’t know. I need time.” I said, walking out the door.


Chapter Eleven

~Kurt~

I came into the living room. I was finally home, thank god. I couldn't take one more day at that hospital, it was driving me insane. What I really loved about it was I finally have Dave, he's all mine and Belinda is finally out of the picture. Well we're not sure, but we haven't heard from her in a while. Her mom and dad hasn't heard from her either. Hmm. Well at least she's not bugging Dave and I. I open the bedroom door to Dave's room. I run in and jump on the bed.

"Well hello there!" He said to me.

I got on top of him and kissed him, he kissed back.

"Dave, I'm so happy to have you back." I told him, hugging him.

"And I'm glade to have you back and that you're alright. Now I hope you learned your lesson about doing drugs?" Dave told him.

Kurt smiled.

"I did and I'm sorry. But Dave remember, the doctors say I'm not out of the woods yet." I told him.

He looked down.

"That's why you have to rest and take the medicine they described to you."

"Uh, I hate taking anything. You know I get addicted to this really fast?" I asked him.

Dave raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"It's not funny, you know I just got over being addicted to fruity-pebbles." I told him.

"Oh yeah, I remember, every day on tour, you'd always half to have that."

"Yes, and it was so hard to quit." I explained.

"Well Kurt, I'm going to only tell you this once. You're never going to be doing drugs again. And I mean it!" He told me.

"And if I do?" I asked.

"I'll leave you for good. And there is no coming back." He threatened.

I looked at him, scared.

"Alright." I said.

I didn't want to argue. I finally had Dave back, and he was all that I wanted. He wrapped his arms around me and held me.

"You need to rest." He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"Dave, I've been laying in a bed for about a week now. Haven't I suffered enough. Come on, I want to have some fun tonight." I told him.

"Describe fun." Dave said, looking over at him.

"Partying. Oh Dave not that way. I'm not ready for that yet." Kurt said.

That was actually a lie, Kurt was ready for it, but he wanted to make sure Dave was ready as well.

"Alright. Just rest first, and then will party." Dave told him.

Kurt smiled and then crawled into Dave's lap. Dave held him, looking into Kurt's blue eyes. Kurt stared into Dave's brown eyes. Then Kurt started to kiss Dave. He pushed him against the bed and it

sent butterflies through Dave's stomach. Kurt started un bottened his pants, Dave realized what he was doing and then stopped.

"Kurt, stop." He said, grabbing Kurt's hands.

Kurt looked up at him, he was breathing heavy from the kiss.

"Isn't this what you want?" Kurt asked.

"Not until you're ready. I don't want to push you into anything." Dave told him.

"Dave, you're not pushing me into anything. I want this. I want you." Kurt said, then going back and kissing Kurt.

Dave and Kurt heard their bedroom door open. So to keep their cover Dave pushed Kurt off him and jumped out of bed. Krist walks in and eyes them two.

"Woah, was I interrupting something?" Krist asked.

"No. No Kurt was just about to get some rest." Dave explained.

"Oh, well I just came in here just to get something. Sweet dreams Kurt." Krist said, then shutting the door behind him.

"I keep forgetting we don't have to hide anything from him anymore." Dave said.

"Yeah. But we didn't know it was Krist." Kurt said.

Dave crawled back into the bed with Kurt.

"Rest. And I promise later we'll go to a party." Dave told him, kissing the top of his head.

Kurt laid there, fighting to stay awake.He looked down at his arm where he used to inject the heroin into his arm.

"I miss it." He thought. Then feel asleep.



^ back to top ^