A+    A-

Chapter Tweleve

******The next morning*******

Kurt's POV;

"I have to talk to you about something really really important." Gavin said. Me and him were sitting under a tree while the others gathered the tents and stuff.

"What's going on?" I asked. He looked down and cleared his throat.

"Anthony tried to have sex with me last night." He whispered, looking around.

"Wait, wait, wait. What?!"

"I was just laying there and he's like you should move closer because it's really cold and then he started kissing me and he put his hand up my shirt and Kurt... I don't know what it was. I just got scared and stopped him."

"Scared of what? How far did you get?" I asked, grabbing his arm.

"I don't know. I was scared that afterwards we'd never talk again or something. And well... It was pretty far. He was starting to prep me."

"Did he say anything when you told him to stop?"

He shook his head. "No. I just got dressed and left. I didn't go back in the tent."

"I bet he's pissed he didn't get any." I joked.

"I just-"

"We're all ready to go." Eddie said. "Tell everyone goodbye."

I wrapped my arms around Gavin. "Goodbye, Gavin. I'm gonna miss you. I'll call you. Good luck with Anthony." I whispered the last part.

"I'll miss you too, Kurt. Good luck with everything." He said while his arms were tightly around me. He placed a kiss on top of my head before letting me go.

Then Layne pulled me into a hug. "Ugh, gosh. I'm going to miss you so much. I wish you didn't have to go."

"I'll miss you too, Layne. You better invite me to your and Jerry's wedding."

He chuckled a little. "You'll be the first to know the date." Then he pulled away.

"Anthony," I said his name before I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same and buried his face between my shoulder and neck.

"It's going to be so different around here without you." He said. I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"It'll be okay, Anthony." I promised before I let him go.

Lastly, was Jerry. He pulled me into his arms and sighed. I returned the hug, and I could literally feel my heart breaking.

"I'm gonna miss you, little buddy." He said.

"I'll miss you too, Jerry." I said quietly. After we pulled away, Layne and Gavin took me in another hug together.

"Good luck with the baby." Layne said, rubbing my stomach.

"Thank you."

"Time to give Eddie a hug." Jerry said. They let go of me and all gave Eddie a group hug. I smiled at him as he gave me an awestruck face expression.

"Goodbye, everyone." Eddie said. "We'll miss you."

"We'll miss you too." Gavin said.

"Well, I guess we better be on our way." I announced.

We walked back down the hill and to our cars. I was surprised to see Krist and Chad standing there, leaning against Eddie's car. I ran up to Krist; attacking him in a hug.

"I'm glad to see you." I said.

He sighed. "I'm glad to see you, too. I just wish you could stay here with us, Kurt."

"I'm sorry, Krist. I'll be sure to visit you and you can come visit us anytime you want to."

We pulled away from the hug and I gave Chad a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tightly, but gentle.

"Don't forget about us. Don't forget about Nirvana." He whispered in my ear. Nirvana was a small band me, him, and Krist had come up with.

"I won't."

"Good."

After saying goodbye again, I climbed into the car and closed my door. Eddie did the same and started up the car. Then, we were on our way. Away from this place.

"What about our parents?" I asked. "Are we going to say goodbye?"

He looked over at me and took my hand in his. "If you want to."

"I'd like to."

"Okay. Your mom's first?"

"I guess so. It's closer."

The ride there was pretty silent, so I turned on the radio. I watched as we passed by trees, houses, and cars. And honestly, other than friends and family, I didn't think I'd miss this place at all.

***
**
*

"What do you mean you're going to Seattle? Kurt, no! I am not letting you go that far away. You're not leaving."

"Ms. Cobain, I think it would-"

"Shut it, Eddie." She snapped. "I don't want to hear your shit. This is all your fault. You've completely destroyed my son. He'd never leave the house. He'd always stay here with me. Then you came along."

"Mom, that's enough." I said, hoping to shut her up. But no. She kept on.

"He started sneaking out. He'd stay all week long with you. And you decide to sleep with him, and now look! He's pregnant and all you want to do is run away? My son is not going anywhere."

She grabbed my arm, but I jerked it away from her. I noticed her eyes were starting to tear up. Anger, yet sadness was written all over her face.

"Mom, you need to calm down." I said.

"Kurt, you're pregnant. You can't just leave." She said, her voice getting a little calmer. I looked at Eddie before looking back at her.

"But I have to leave." I said quietly. "I love you, mom. But it's time for me to go now. Seattle is waiting."

"Please, Kurt." She whispered, desperation laced in her voice.

"I'm sorry." Was all I said before I grabbed Eddie's hand and pulled him outside. My mom ran after me, but we were already in the car.

"I love you!" I yelled as Eddie began to drive away. And as soon as we were out of the driveway, I started to cry.

"Aw, sweetheart. Don't cry." Eddie pleaded, sitting his hand on my knee.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, wiping my eyes with my hands. "She just makes everything so hard."

"She'll get over it. Everything'll be alright, baby boy. Don't worry your pretty little head."

"I love you, Eddie. And I'm sorry the way she acted around you."

"I love you, too. And don't worry about it. Your mom never did like me." He said, chuckling a little. I laid my head against the seat.

"I don't see why. You're amazing and adorable."

He chuckled. "I'm definitely not adorable, sweetheart."

"Yes you are. Don't lie. You're super adorable."

"How's that?"

I smiled and shut my eyes. "Like when you sleep, you have the cutest little snores. And when we cuddle you always say sweet stuff. When you do little dance moves, even though you can't dance. Just the stuff you say and do. I don't know. You're just adorable."

I could see that his cheeks were red, but he tried not to act embarrassed.

"Well, how about you take a nap. You look tired."

I yawned. "Okay. Wake me up when we get to Seattle."

Chapter Thirteen

When I awoke from my sleep, I found myself laying on a bed. I quickly sat up and blinked a few times. I felt confused and only had one question in my head. Where am I?

"Aww, little sleepy head is awake." Eddie said, stepping inside the room. I yawned and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Eddie, where are we?"

"Aberdeen, Seattle. In our new home."

"What? How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"About eleven hours."

"Woah. I feel like I've missed everything."

He sat down on the bed in front of me and kissed my forehead. "Yeah. You slept a long time."

I rubbed my eyes. "Where'd all this stuff come from?"

"I know people." He said with a smirk. I poked his nose.

"Get me some food."

"What kind of food?"

I shrugged. "Any food. I'm freaking starving."

"Well first, let's take a look at the house." He said, getting off the bed. I took his hand and followed him. I noticed he took my shoes off, because I was walking around in my socks.

The walls were a yellowish whitish color, while the flood was wooden. Everything was neat and tidy, but I knew it wouldn't be for long.

The house was just like any other house. A living room, kitchen, bathroom, a bedroom plus a guest bedroom, an attic, a basement and a baby room that was beside our room. Downstairs were the living room and kitchen, while everything else was upstairs.

"Do you like it?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, I love it."

He smiled. "Great. And I have one more thing just for you."

He led me down the hallway and to a door that was closed. With one hand, he covered my eyes. With the other, he opened the door. We stepped inside and he uncovered my eyes.

My eyes searched around the room, seeing a few Fender guitars sitting around. There was also a drum set, amps, a microphone, and a few guitar pedals. There was a few band posters hanging around on the grey walls. There was also a bunch of albums sitting around.

"Aw, Eddie. This is awesome!"

"I know you love music... So, you know. Why not?"

I wrapped my arms around him and pecked his lips. "Thank you, gorgeous."

He chuckled. "Your welcome. But now, I need to shower. Would you like to join me?"

I hummed for a second. "Okay. But only if you wash my hair."

"Alright."

***
**
*

I laid there, looking up at the ceiling as the doctor ran the probe over my stomach. I was now seventeen weeks pregnant. I had finally got a small baby bump, but it wasn't very big.

"Well, by the looks of it I can see your baby is a boy." She said, smiling at me. "Everything looks great."

I smiled. "Perfect."

"Do you have any questions or concerns?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, I don't think so. Everything seems to be okay."

"Okay. That's good. Well, we're done here. After you clean the gel off you can go." She said as she took the probe away from my tummy. She gave me a couple tissues and I began to clean off the cold gel.

"So, is your husband excited for the baby?" She asked. I didn't correct her. I just went along with it.

"Yeah, he's really excited." I said, buttoning my jeans. Nothing else was said before I left the room and headed back to the waiting room.

"How'd everything go?" Eddie asked.

"Amazing. The baby is doing great." I told him. I figured I'd wait and tell him the gender of the baby tonight.

"Awesome. Are we ready to go?"

"Yeah. Let's get out of here. I hate hospitals."

I took his hand in mine and we left the hospital.

***
**
*

I sat on my bed, the phone sitting in front of me on speaker. Layne, Jerry, and Gavin were on the phone, talking to me. Eddie was gone out, looking for a job.

"Awww! You're having a baby boy!" Layne squealed. I couldn't put away the smile on my face. Honestly, I was tickled to death about this baby.

"What does Eddie think?" Gavin asked. I tucked my blonde hair behind my ear.

"I haven't told him yet. I'm waiting until he gets back."

"Do you have any names picked out?" Jerry asked. Before I got to answer his question, I heard Eddie open and shut the front door.

"Eddie's back. I'll call you guys later. Bye." I said quickly before hanging up the phone. I crawled under the comforter and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"Honey? Where are you?" I heard his sweet voice say in a singing tone. I opened one of my eyes to see him standing in the doorway.

"Oh, so you're pretending to be asleep, huh?" He asked. I shut my eye and stayed quiet. He moved closer until he was standing at the foot of the bed.

"Kurt," He whined. "Don't do that. I know you're awake."

He crawled onto the bed and laid beside me. He was so close I could feel his warm breath hitting my face. And suddenly, his warm tongue was pressed against my nose.

"Ugh, Eddie." I whined, wiping my nose against his shirt. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me. He turned on his back, pulling me on top of him. He just looked at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked. He pecked my lips.

"Nothing, baby boy. I just missed you."

"I missed you, too. Did you find any good jobs?"

"I put in a couple applications. They're suppose to call later."

I laid my head against his neck. "I have something to tell you, Eddie."

"Yeah? What's that?"

"Our baby is a boy."

"Really? When'd you find out?"

"Today."

He playfully gasped. "And you are just now telling me?"

"Surprise baby." I said, chuckling a little.

"Well, now that we know the gender, we should pick out a name, huh?"

"Yeah. What do you like?"

He shrugged. "You choose."

I placed a kiss on his neck. "Nu uh. You choose."

"Well..." He took a moment before speaking again. "How about Jeremy?"

I smiled. "Yeah. Jeremy."

Gently, he rolled me off him and switched his position. He was now laying on his stomach, his face only inches away from my tummy. He lifted my shirt up.

"Aw. It's so cute you have a mini baby bump."

I giggled. "Yeah, I know."

He placed little kisses up and down my tummy. I couldn't stop giggling, because well, it tickled.

"Is anyone in there? This is your father speaking." He said. I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled.

"Aw, I bet your gonna be such a cute little baby." He said in adoration. I smiled and closed my eyes.

As I listened to Eddie talk to the baby, I fell asleep.



^ back to top ^