A+    A-

Kurt’s POV

“Dave, Dave? Baby what happened earlier?”, I ask, rolling over in the bed, waking up. My Dave isn’t even in the room. I blink a few times and rub my eyes, sitting up, and throwing the blankets off me. Barefoot, I stand up, stretching. My hair looks like I had an accident with the hairdryer, but I don’t care. I make my way to the door and open it.

I walk into the hall, and I can hear Dave arguing with his Mom. I want to listen in, so I do. I hope Dave is winning. He always has valid points and good reasons behind the things he does.

I put myself insanely close to the door, and listen. It’s about the car. Apparently, that guy’s wife found out he sold the car, and she wants it back. They must have come over here right before I fell asleep. How they found out where Dave lives, I’ll never know. All I do know is that this woman loves that piece of shit.

Out of nowhere, with no warning whatsoever, the door comes open and I naturally fall over, landing in the threshold.

“S-sorry ‘bout that,” I say, picking myself up. Dave is smiling at me, and dusts me off once I get fully on my feet. Dave’s mom looks really pissed off right now.

“We’ll continue this later,” Dave says, taking my hand, and leading me into the bathroom.

I give him a quizzical look. “I’m going to give you a bath,” Dave says, “You’re all sweaty.” I whimper.

“Daveeeey, do you really have to give me a bath?”

“Rather have a shower?”

“Neither,” I say, pouting.

“Too bad, babes. You don’t smell the greatest.”



My tongue is circling around in Dave’s mouth. He tastes so good, especially when he’s all soaking wet, naked and his hair is in dripping strings. I wrap my arms around him tighter, and press my lips firmer against his. He gives a few more pokes with his tongue, and pulls away, smiling.

“You really know how to kiss, Kurt,” he says, “and your damn sexy when your doing it.” I blush and let go of my firm grip on his ribs.

I look down, embarrassed that I kissed a naked man in the shower. He raises my head up, and stares at my scarlet cheeks. “My pretty, pretty Kurt,” he says, kissing my cheek and pulling me into a hug. At least I kissed Dave Grohl. Dave Grohl…

“Let’s get you dried off,” Dave says, turning off the shower. He turns, places another kiss on my lips and takes my hand, leading us out of the shower.



“Here’s your Coke,” Dave says, handing it to me. We are sitting on the balcony in front of his apartment, drinking Cokes and drying our hair in the wind. He just took a big drink of my Coke.

“Ya know, Dave, you have one too,” I say, gesturing towards his. He smiles.

“Yours always tastes better, Kurt. I think it’s your spit.”

“I don’t spit in my drinks!”

“You know what I meant, babes.” I smile, I did know what he meant.


Things fall silent, and I turn my head to the right, and look towards the other buildings.

**DAVE’S POV**

Kurt’s pretty, damp blonde strands are blowing around his head, falling in his face, and then going straight back. It’s easily the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. No one is as beautiful as Kurt, honest. I don’t care who you think you are, you aren’t anything compared to Kurt.

**KURT’S POV**

I look back over at Dave, who is staring at me, smiling.

“W-what? Do I have something on my face or something?”, I ask. I really don’t care, but I’d like to know why he’s staring at me.

“Your so pretty, Kurt,” Dave says, brushing my hair out of my eyes. He kisses a cheekbone, and whispers in my ear, “I love you.”

I blush. This should not be happening to me. I don’t deserve Dave. I mean, he’s adorable, and just my type, but I still feel like I don’t deserve him. He’s way too good for me, and every time I kiss him, I feel like it shouldn’t be my lips.

“Your beautiful,” Dave continues, playing with my hair, “Don’t ever think for a second that you’re not beautiful.”


***Two weeks later, Kurt and Dave’s relationship has reached 3 months. Kurt is now living with Dave, in Dave’s parents home. (Kurt’s POV)***

With 3 loud buzzing sounds, the alarm clock is brought to life, right next to our bed. I don’t react, just hoping it will quit and I won’t have to get up now. I feel Dave move and with a thud, the clock is turned off, and is now on the floor. I smile, despite my sleepy state.

I turn over, and face a sleepy-eyed Dave, who smiles the minute he sees me. “Guess it’s time to get up,” he whispers, turning on his side to face me.

I just lean forward and plant a very soft kiss on his lips, which quickly turns into a deep, loving kiss. I push myself up against him all the way, and intertwine my legs with his. I press my ‘self’ against Dave.

Dave rolls over, not breaking the kiss, so he’s on top of me. I wrap my arms around his waist and let my legs grasp onto his.

Finally, after a few more seconds, when neither of us can breathe, Dave pulls back and smiles at me. “You never fail to know just how to kiss me,” he whispers. I smile.

He rests my head on my chest, and I squeeze him close to me. “Happy 3 month anniversary, baby,” Dave whispers.



I hope I don’t look like an idiot in this suit. Dave got the grand idea to take me out to dinner to celebrate our 3 months, and I have decided that I should look ‘respectable’ and ‘nice’. So I got a cheap suit, and I’m praying I don’t look retarded.

“Oh. My…God.” Dave says, staring at me. Shit. Shit, shit, shit! I knew I looked like a dork.

“I-I can t-take it off,” I mumble, and start to walk out of the room. He pulls me back.

“Kurt Donald Cobain, the last thing you are doing is removing that suit. You look amazing in it, baby. I can’t believe how beautiful you are.”

Thank God for thrift stores.


“Table for two, please,” Dave says. The waiter walks us back to a table, and seats us. Dave smiles at me, and I smile back.

“Davey,” I whisper, “You didn’t really have to do this, you know.”

“Yes I did. Oh, Kurt, you always think you don’t deserve things. Well you do, baby.” I blush, and pick up my menu.

“Get whatever you want, baby, I’m paying.” I look at him like he’s insane.

“What? Dave, you don’t have to pay for all of it, I will help,” I say.

“No you won’t, I’m paying,” Dave insists, “Now shut up and order!” We both giggle and I scan the menu for something to eat.


“Here’s your soup, Sir,” the waiter says, handing Dave a bowl of soup, “and here’s your spaghetti.” A plate of steaming, delicious spaghetti is placed in front of me. I pray my stomach doesn’t act up, because I’m starving.

I twirl a few noodles onto my fork, and put it in my mouth. After a few moments, I notice I’m being watched---by some girls at the table across from us. I get Dave’s attention, and ask if he thinks they are really looking at us.

“Babes, don’t worry ‘bout it. Probably just because you are so adorable when you eat,” Dave whispers, “But if you are really concerned, I can show ‘em you aren’t up for grabs.” I smile, and so does Dave.

“Go on, pretty boy,” I say, giggling. Dave takes my fork, and pulls a single noodle from the heap, and puts part of it in his mouth, and I put the other half in mine.

We eat the noodle until there’s one last bite left. Dave smiles at me, and presses his lips against mine. He’s either pretending or he really is into it after a few minutes, as his hand finds it’s way to the back of my head, and rubs my hair, causing my lips to be pushed against his harder. Dammit, now I’m getting a hard on, and I’m so embarrassed.

I feel Dave’s free hand snake down my front and rub my thigh. I want to pull away and stop this hard-on before it gets too bad, but I can’t. I don’t know why, but I just can’t.

I bite down on Dave’s lip when his hand is officially in the wrong spot. He strokes it once or twice and pulls back.

Dave then proceeds to embarrass me worse by looking at the girls and going, “I’m terribly sorry, but your interest in Kurt has been denied. Perhaps you’d be interested in, say--him?” Dave points to a 40 year old, mole-covered man. The girls frown and begin to socialize again.

I’ve changed at least 5 shades of deep magenta in the past 10 minutes. I mean, I love Dave, but making out in public just isn’t my thing, apparently.



I laugh and take a drink of my beer. Dave, Krist, Ashley and I are hanging out at Ashley’s friend’s house, partying and getting drunk. I’m sitting on the couch and Dave has his arm around my shoulders, and a beer in the other hand. We are listening to this guy named Sam tell us this hilarious story about one of his past experiences with vodka.


My eyes flutter open and fear floods me when I don’t recognize my surroundings. Where the fuck are we? I look down, and Dave’s asleep, head resting in my lap, and beer spilled on the floor next to him. My knees are stiff and I want to stand up and figure out where the hell my baby and I are…and go home. I gently lift Dave’s head out of my lap, and rest it on a clean spot on the floor. I stand up quietly, as to not disturb anyone around us, there’s more than one person in this room, and I don’t know any of them.

I stand up and go to find someone I know. Making my way out into the hallway, I walk down the stairs, and look around. Two people are sleeping underneath a blanket. Lucky, I’m freezing. I walk past them, and into the kitchen. There’s empty beer cans everywhere. The scent of beer, pot and piss hangs heavy in the air, and it’s starting to make me a bit sick to my stomach.

Finally, I spot Ashley, Krist’s girlfriend, sitting over in the corner, talking quietly with some other girl.

“Where’s Krist?” I ask.

“Oh--Krist? Yeah he’s outside--I think,” she responds. She can be quite annoying at times.

Taking the back door, I walk out into icy cold air. A sudden wind gust sends it straight at me, and I shiver. Damn Washington cold weather. I step off the porch and walk to the garage, and spot Krist inside, talking to a few guys.

“Where the hell are we?”, I ask, stupidly. Damn alcohol for clouding my memory.

“Natalie’s house,” Krist says.

“Who is this Natalie chick?”

“Ashley’s friend.”

“O--kay,” I say, a bit wierded out, “How’d we get here?”

Krist rolls his eyes. “You got really wasted didn’t you?”, he asks.

“I think so,” I say, annoyed…and come to think of it…I can feel a headache coming on.

“Can you please tell me how we got here?”, I ask, growing more annoyed.

“After Dave brought you home from the date you two went on, Ash and I picked you two up and that’s how,” Krist explains. I nod. It’s starting to come back to me. The last thing I remember happening was laughing my ass off at something, and Dave being right next to me, as always.

I walk away from them, and out of the garage. Dave is standing outside, looking around.

“Dave!”, I call out softly, hoping he heard me. Dave turns his head and walks over to me.

“I was just out looking for you, baby,” Dave says, his smile returning. I grin weakly, I’ve got a full blown headache now.

I lean forward, and Dave embraces me, placing a soft kiss on my chapping lips.
I smile at him, even though my bottom lip is cracking.

“MmmIloveyou,” Dave says, his words strung together.

“I love you too,” I respond.

Dave walks me back inside the house. “We’re getting your sweater and going home, okay, babes?”, Dave says, gripping my hand. I nod and try to remember which out of the 5 sweaters I own, did I bring over here.



“I feel bad for getting drunk on our 3-month anniversary,” I say. Dave is playing with my hair, stroking it, keeping it out of my face.

“Hey, don’t worry about it,” Dave says, kissing my cheek lightly. Very affectionate, Dave.

After a few more minutes of playing with my hair, and kissing on it, Dave suggests we go to our room for some much-needed sleep.


The phone wakes us up a few hours later, around 7:15 PM. Dave rolls around in the bed before picking up the receiver and sleepily saying, “Hello?”

“Yeah sure we’ll come, you know if Kurt wants to. Right-o. ‘Kay, see ya.”

I look at him, a bit puzzled as to ask where he wants me to go. “Babesy, that was Krist, he says there’s a Melvins concert tonight,” Dave says, “and he wants to know if we are going.”

“R-really?”, I say, yawning, and sitting up. Dave giggles.

“I’d never lie to my Kurt,” Dave says, kissing me.



“Come on, Dave! We are 5 minutes late already,” I say, waiting for Dave to come out of the bathroom. He wants his hair to be brushed, and it’s taking him forever.

“I’m coming, babes, just wait a sec,” Dave says.

“We don’t have a sec!”

“I’ll be out in a minute, Kurt.”

“Well hurry up, I bet they are playing my favorite song---”

“Wait a damn second!”

“I have been!”



Great. Here we are at my favorite bands’ show and Dave isn’t speaking to me. Our argument got a bit heated before we left the house, and he almost didn’t go. So now he’s pissed off at me, and won’t talk to me.

I can see Dave standing over there, socializing with a few other people. Laughing. I can’t even enjoy the show, knowing that Dave can go on just fine without me there, in fact, probably better. I sigh. I really screwed up this time.

Walking outside, I’m grateful for the cold air. Maybe, if I get lucky, I can freeze to death, and Dave won’t have to put up with me anymore. I sit down on the steps, and start to think about going back inside, and faking like I’m having a grand old time so Dave will think the same about me, that I can live without him. Another part of me says to ‘get your ass back inside and apologize’. After much contemplating, weighing both sides, pros and cons, I go back inside, with the decision to apologize to Dave.

I walk over to where Dave is, smiling and talking to this guy I don’t know, and his girlfriend.

“H-hey Dave,” I say, over the music. He looks at me, says something to that guy and walks away, leaving me standing there. My shoulders sink. He hates me.

After a while of sulking miserably in the back corner, one of Dave’s friends walks over to me.

“What’d you do to Dave?”

“Nothing.”

“Whatever…anyway, Dave sent me over to tell you that it’s over between you two,” he says. I can’t believe it. I mean, I knew Dave was mad, but I didn’t think he’d get so mad that we’d break up.

“Is this some kind of fucking joke?”, I ask, standing up. Mentally, I tell myself to not get too pissed off, as this guy could seriously injure me if need be.

“No.”

“Why didn’t Dave come to tell me then?”

“He is not speaking to you.”

I can’t take this anymore. I walk out of the club, and go to cry my eyes out where no one can see me.

I hear the band say a goodbye inside the club, and people start scattering out. I just keep my head down, and try to remain un noticed.

I feel a hard slap to my shoulder and I look up slowly, after wiping my eyes. There stands Dave who isn’t smiling, and not looking happy.

“Ready to go?”, he mumbles angrily. I nod and stand up, keeping my head down.



I try to make a conversation in the car ride home. “Heh, you know what someone said while we were there? They said that we were over and that you aren’t speaking to me---”

“It’s true. We are over. I am naturally a calm person, and I don’t like to argue like that with people…and something tells me that if I stay with you, it’s going to happen again.”

I’m crushed. I can’t hold my tears in any more. I start bawling, “Dave, please don’t do this to me, please. I love you, Dave. I really, really do, and I can’t lose you. I’m so sorry, I am so fucking sorry. I--I don’t know what else to say.”

Dave looks at me, still not smiling, then back to the road. After awkward silence, except for my whimpers and sobs, Dave says, “Unless you can find some way to get me to go back to you, I want you out of my house by tomorrow afternoon.”

“W-what can I do?”, I ask. Dave looks at me again…and just for a second, I think I can see sympathy in his eyes.

“Figure it out,” Dave responds, turning on the radio to the rock station, and he begins to sing along. Awkwardly enough, I find it inside myself to sing along, quietly. I keep myself curled up into a ball, crying and singing the words. I close my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep, because I can hear Dave saying, “Wake up, we’re at my house.” I mentally note he didn’t say ‘home’, or anything that sounded like I was the least bit welcome here.

I stretch myself out of the position I was in, and get out of the car.



I guess after all the crying I did throughout the night wasn’t enough for Dave. He’s still firm on his decision to kick me out. I’m standing here, loading a single cardboard box with everything I own. I brought it all over here.



Dave hands me my box and my guitar and tells me to hurry if I want to ride the bus back to the trailer park. I nod.

After sitting on the bus for a few minutes, I start thinking about what just happened to me. I pinch the bridge of my nose and look up, trying to keep the tears inside. I just lost my Dave. Dave! I can’t believe I fucked up this bad.

I arrive at my stop. I stand up, and as soon as I do, two salty crocodile tears fall out of my eyes. With blurry eyes, a box and a guitar, getting off the bus isn’t easy. I manage though, and soon enough, I’m knocking on the trailer’s door.

“Why are you here?,” Dad asks, when he sees me standing outside the door.

“N-nothing, I don’t want to t-talk about it r-right now,” I mumble, and push my way past him.


*****************************

K, I could write more, but I figure 8 pages is good enough, lol. Don’t worry, I plan on starting chapter 6 soon. ‘Til then, may a Nirvana song be stuck in your head until you’re driven to the brink of insanity….I love you guys, I really do. Lol *hugs* *hands you chips, soda, pizza…whatever you want*




^ back to top ^