A+    A-

Chapter One

Dave had been driving for what felt like hours. His own parents just kicked him out because he confessed about being gay. His father even punched him and threw him outside.

Dave chilled from the coldness and turned the heat up. It was September and it was pretty cold. He was going to one of his friends house. Krist. The only friend he pretty much had. He parked his car in front of Krist's house and walked up to the door. He took in a deep breath and slowly let it out before knocking on the door.

Krist opened the door and smiled. He wrapped Dave in a hug and squeezed him tightly.

"What's up, man?" Krist asked then gave him a high-five.

"Can I come in? I need to talk to you." Dave mumbled and looked down.

Krist nodded, realizing Dave was serious and let him inside. They say at the kitchen table.

"My uh parents kicked me out. I told them I was gay." Dave said in a whisper.

"Oh shit... Really?"

"Yeah." Dave nodded.

"Don't worry, Dave. You can stay with me." Krist assured.

"Al-alright." Dave whispered.

"Come on, it's getting late you need some rest. You can lay with me." Krist said then he grabbed Dave's hand and took him up the stairs.

Dave took everything off but his socks and boxers. He laid beside of Krist, he was about to fall asleep when he felt a warm hand slide across his abs.

"Kr-Krist?"

"Shhh." He whispered.

"What are you doing?"

"I just wanna try something." Then his hand went to Dave's boxers. Dave quickly jumped up.

"Dave-"

"What the heck do you think your doing?"

"I just wanted to see if I was gay. Please, Dave, let's do this. I want to so bad and I've been wanting to do this to you for so long."

"Krist, no."

"Please." He looked in the eye. He sounded so desperate and lust was in his eyes.

"Okay." Dave finally gave in and got back into the bed.

While that was happening a boy with beautiful blue eyes and dirty blonde hair was walking down the street. He shivered and wrapped his arms around himself. He noticed a car was parked and it was unlocked. He opened the seat to the backdoor and got inside. He rolled down the window and stuck his skinny legs outside of it. He rested his head on the seat and closed his eyes, falling asleep.

"Oh God." Dave winced.

"Hold on I'm almost done." Krist moaned and threw his head back. After he finished he laid beside Dave, breathless.

"That was just like I always imagined it'd be." Krist said breathless.

Dave got up and put his clothes on. He felt sore already.

"Hey just lay here." Krist whispered and put his hands behind his head.

Dave faked a smile and laid beside Krist. Once Krist fell asleep, Dave was going to leave.

Chapter Two

Dave snuck out of the bed and slipped his shoes on. He quietly opened the door and shut it. He ran to his car but noticed someone was laying in the backseat with their feet sticking out the window.

"Hey, you need to get up." Dave whisper-shouted as he shook Kurt.

"Fuck off." Kurt groaned.

"Hey, get out of my car." Dave yelled.

Kurt mocked him then flipped him off.

"Fine then. Don't." Dave said then got in the drivers side. He started up the car and started driving. Kurt quickly put his feet back in the car and rolled up the window.

"So, mind telling me what your doing in my backseat?" Dave asked after a while of silence.

"I had nowhere else to go." Kurt mumbled quietly.

"So, you got in my car?"

"It was the only one around." Kurt whispered and put his face in his lap.

Dave signed. "Whatever."

"Listen, just let me out, okay?" Kurt snapped.

"Do you have anywhere to go?" Dave asked but Kurt stayed silent.

"Answer me."

"No, I don't." Kurt sighed.

"Then I can't let you out."

"You don't even know who I am. I could kill you, rape you or whatever people do."

"Well hopefully you won't." Dave shrugged.

"Where are we going?" Kurt asked.

"I... I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Kurt snapped and crawled up to the front seat.

"I don't have anything planned. I got kicked out of home and I have nowhere to go. I guess I'll just drive around the country or something."

"Well why you drive the country I need you to take me somewhere. I want to see my dad, he's in Seattle. So when you get there you can drop me off and never see me again." Kurt said so low Dave could barely make out what he was saying.

"Alright. But right now I just need a map or something."

Kurt reached in his back pocket and pulled out a map that was folded up. "I have one." Then he unfolded it and spread it out in the dashboard.

"Thanks." Dave said quietly.

Kurt looked out the window and watched as they passed trees and houses. Both of them stayed quiet then Dave asked, "So, what's your name?"

"Kurt... Cobain."

"Well I'm Dave Grohl." Dave said as he passed an exit.

Kurt stayed silent and so did Dave. Until after a while Kurt yawned and mumbled, "We need to stop at a hotel or motel or something for the rest of the night. You look tired."

"Where are we going to go?"

"I don't care just at least stop the car and let's sleep." Kurt yawned.

Dave signed but went up a small gravel road. He stopped the car and cut it off. Both of them let their seat back and closed their eyes.

"Goodnight." Dave whispered.

"'Night." Kurt mumbled back.

Chapter Three

Kurt woke up before Dave. He stretched and yawned then he stuck his hand into Dave's pocket, pulling out the keys. He sat on Dave's legs and started up the car and began driving. He turned on the radio and turned it up as The Cars came on.

Dave began to move his hips which caused Kurt's breath to get heavier and his heart to beat faster, his whole body felt hot.

"What are you doing?" Dave asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Driving. Duh." Kurt answered without taking his eyes off the road.

"Kurt, get off me." Dave said as he shot his hips up. Kurt let out a moan but quickly acted like he was just clearing his throat.

"Calm down and stop m-moving. Your gonna cause me to wreck." Kurt snapped.

"Well you could've just woke me up instead of sitting on my lap." Dave yawned.

"Kurt, we're gonna get a ticket."

"Well I'll pull over." Kurt said as he pulled the car to the side of the road. He slowly got off of Dave's lap and got back into his seat.

Dave raised up, bringing the seat with him and started to drive.

"Can I ask you something?" Dave asked.

Kurt sighed. "I might answer."

"What happened with your dad? I mean why is he in Seattle and your here?"

"I'm not going to tell you." Kurt whispered.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't even know you. Why should I tell you about my life?"

"You know your really snappy?" Dave sighed.

"Well, I just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing." Then Kurt rested his head on the seat.

"Are you hungry?" Dave asked.

"No shit." Kurt snapped again.

"I really don't like you. I don't know why I'm bringing you with me." Dave mumbled.

"Stop the car!" Kurt yelled.

"No I'm not stopping. I can't let you out here."

"I don't feel good." Kurt said quickly. Dave unsurely stopped the car. Kurt got out and started throwing up.

"You alright?" Dave asked as he got out of the car.

"Yeah. Sorry, I just get car sick sometimes." Kurt said as he wiped his mouth and leaned against the car.

Dave opened the door and helped Kurt inside. He got back into the drivers seat and started driving again.

"I'm gonna find a motel." Dave informed him.

Kurt just groaned in response. Dave finally managed to find one. He carried Kurt into the room and laid him on the bed.

"There's only one bed?" Kurt whined.

Dave rolled his eyes. "Are you gonna be alright?"

Kurt nodded. "Yeah I just got car sick. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."

Kurt smiled a little but then put it away.

"Want something to eat?"

Kurt groaned. "No. Don't talk about food."

Dave chuckled. "I'm gonna go get some food. Don't leave."

"Wait!" Kurt stopped him.

"Yeah?"

Kurt looked down. "You promise you'll be back?"

Dave nodded. "Promise." Then he left.

Kurt sighed and covered the blanket over him he was going to go to sleep until Dave got back.

Chapter Four

Dave was woken up by Kurt mumbling things and shaking. He turned over to him and noticed he was having a bad dream.

"No... Stop... It hurts, stop!" Kurt mumbled.

"Kurt, Kurt, wake up!" Dave yelled and shook him.

Kurt immediately opened his eyes and rose up from the bed. He held onto Dave's arm tightly. He was gasping for air. "It was... Just a dream."

"Are you okay?" Dave asked him.

"Y-yeah." Kurt stuttered. Dave could feel him shaking and trembling.

Kurt slowly let go of Dave's arm and ran his fingers through his damp, tangly hair.

"I think I'm just gonna sit up the rest of the night." Kurt said and then he got out of bed and went to the small kitchen table. Dave followed behind him and sat across from him.

"You can go back to bed." Kurt whispered.

Dave shook his head. "I don't want you to sit here all by yourself. The nights are pretty long."

Kurt cleared his throat and lit up a cigarette. Dave watched as he slowly blew out smoke.

"What... What was you dream about?" Dave asked.

Kurt looked away. "I really don't wanna talk about it right now."

"You never really wanna talk about anything." Dave sighed.

Kurt ran his fingers through his hair again. He had been having the same nightmare for mouths now. He's never told anyone about it, and he doesn't plan on it.

"How old are you?" Dave asked out of nowhere.

"Twenty-seven." Kurt answered.

"Well, I'm twenty-five."

"Great." Kurt rolled his eyes.

"You really piss me off sometimes." Dave said through gritting teeth.

"I really hate you." Kurt said with a fake smile.

Dave looked Kurt deep in the eyes and what he saw broke him heart. He could see that Kurt was depressed and... Just something he really couldn't explain. Kurt wiped his eyes and looked down at the floor.

"Maybe we should be going." Dave said.

Kurt nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

Both of them went back out to the car.

"Let me drive." Kurt said.

Dave sighed. "Alright." Then he handed the keys to Kurt.

Kurt grinned and got into the drivers side. He started up the car and turned on the radio.

"Ready?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah. Let's go."

Chapter Five

"We'll probably be in Seattle tomorrow." Dave said and looked down at the floor.

"Already?" Kurt whispered.

"Yeah. We drove a lot though." Dave sighed.

"Thanks." Kurt said lowly.

"For what?"

"For taking me with you on this road trip."

Dave smiled. "Your welcome. Thanks for coming with me."

Kurt smiled. A real smile and to Dave, it was beautiful.

-----

"This is it." Kurt whispered.

"Well, incase you decide to come back, you know where I am."

Kurt nodded and gave Dave a quick hug. "Goodbye."

Dave sighed. "Bye."

Kurt slowly got out of the car and began to walk to his fathers house. He waved at Dave, then Dave drove off. Kurt took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. He knocked on the door, it didn't take long before his father opened the door.

"Dad?" Kurt asked with a smile.

"K-Kurt? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"I... don't think that's a good idea." His father sighed.

"Why?"

"Kurt, I have a new life. A new family and I don't want to think about you, your sister, or your mother anymore."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Kurt said as he heart sped up and his eyes began to water.

"You was just a mistake, Kurt." His father said then shut the door. Kurt looked behind him, hoping Dave would still be there but he wasn't.

Kurt began to walk to the hotel Dave was in. Rain began to pour down, getting Kurt soaked. He was crying, but you wouldn't notice from the rain. He went straight up to Dave's room and knocked on the door.

Dave opened the door and saw Kurt. His eyes were red and he was soaking wet. Kurt walked past him and went straight to the bathroom.

Dave picked out some dry clothes for Kurt. Then, Dave took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out and went into the bathroom. There sat Kurt on the floor, crying and sobbing.

"Kurt, are you alright?" Dave whispered and sat on the floor beside him.

Kurt took the dry clothes and wiped his tears away. "He... He said I was just a mistake. He said he had a new family." Then Kurt cried again.

"Come here." Dave whispered and held Kurt in his arms. Kurt cried on his shoulder but Dave didn't care.

"It's alright, Kurt." Dave whispered.

Kurt cleared his throat and slowly got out of Dave's arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault."

Kurt nodded. "You can go back in there, I'm gonna change and then I'll be out."

"Okay." Dave then got off the floor and helped Kurt up. Dave left the room and then Kurt changed. He looked at himself in the mirror.

"Why am I so stupid?" Kurt asked himself. "I can't fall for him, I can't fall in love with anyone else."

Then he left the bathroom and went into the room with Dave. He sat down on the bed and looked down at the floor.

"You okay?" Dave asked.

Kurt nodded. "Yeah... I'm okay."

"I'm sorry." Dave whispered.

Kurt faked a smile. "I'm alright."

Dave wrapped him in another hug and held him tightly. After he broke away he looked into Kurt's blue eyes. He saw hurt. Then he leaned in and pressed his lips against Kurt's. He didn't know what he was doing until he felt Kurt's lips moving along with his.

Dave rested his hand on Kurt's waist and deepened their kiss. Kurt popped his eyes open and pushed Dave away. "N-no... I can't."

"What's the matter?" Dave asked as he laced their fingers together, but Kurt pulled his hand away.

"Tell me." Dave demanded.

Kurt sighed. He knew he had to explain and he couldn't hide it anymore.

"When I was younger my parents got a divorce. I waited until I was eighteen then I left Seattle, and started going all over the country. I hitchhiked. Finally I was too far away for anyone to find me. Then about two years ago I met this guy. We started dating and then he took me to this party. He got drunk and he was really being a jerk. Then... He got his friends and they took me upstairs," Kurt cleared his throat and wiped away a few tears. "They... Tied my hands with rope and taped my mouth. Then they took my clothes off and did anything they wanted to me. My boyfriend just stood and watched. They took turns inside me and even did it together. It hurt so bad and it was really nasty. They t-touched me and kissed me and... just everything. I wanted to die, I tried to die but nothing would w-work. That's why I'm afraid to fall in love again. I don't want it to happen again."

Dave wiped away Kurt's tears and wiped away his tears. "Kurt, I'd never hurt you like that. You didn't deserve something like that to happen."

Kurt sniffed and cleared his throat. "I... I just need some rest. Will you do me a favor?"

"Yes, or course. What is it?"

"Lay with me and hold me."

Dave nodded and laid beside Kurt. He wrapped his arm around him and Kurt rested his head on Dave's chest. He closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep.

Chapter Six

Yeah this is the last chapter and it's probably realllly short......

"Wake up."

"Huh?" Kurt said opening his eyes.

"Aren't we going to continue this road trip?" Dave asked.

"Oh... yeah." Kurt said siting up in bed. Dave quickly kissed Kurt's lips passionately. Kurt was a little surprised, but kissed back.

"Let's go." Dave said taking Kurt's hand.

"Alright alright." Kurt said as he followed behind Dave.

They both got into the car. Dave started it up and began to drive. Kurt reached his hand over and held Dave's hand, intertwining their fingers together.

Dave looked over at Kurt and smiled. Maybe he was lucky all this happened, because he met Kurt. And when he looked into those blue eyes, he knew Kurt was going to be the one to make him happy.

Kurt looked out the window, watching as they passed houses. He was still a little upset by what happened with his father, but as long as he was with Dave he knew everything would be okay.

He looked at Dave, and straight into his brown eyes. Kurt smiled to himself and turned on the radio.





^ back to top ^