A+    A-

Chapter 1

"Mom... I think... I'm gay." Dave said with hesitation. He was afraid of his mothers reaction, but that changed when a smile appeared on his mothers face.

"Oh, Dave. That's perfectly fine." She said and then wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. Dave couldn't be happier. He had finally got that off his chest. But there was still one person to tell.

"Where's dad?" Dave asked, tearing away from the hug.

"I think he's upstairs in the bedroom." His mother answered. Dave kissed her on the cheek before running up the stairs and into his parents bedroom.

"Hey, dad. I need to talk to you." Dave said nervously and picked at his fingers. His dad looked up at him and smiled.

"Go ahead. What is it?"

Dave took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "I think I'm gay." He said quickly. His fathers smile faded.

"What?"

"I'm gay." Dave repeated. He felt uneasy when his fathers expression turned to anger. He ran downstairs to his mother and quickly told her what happened.

"Dave, you have to get out." She said quickly.

"Mom-"

"Hurry. Before he comes down." She said in a whisper. Dave didn't waste any time before rushing out and running down the street. He didn't stop running until his legs couldn't move any longer.

"Great, now where am I gonna go?" He asked himself aloud. He knew he couldn't go to a family members house. His dad would be looking for him there.

He thought while he slowly walked. Then he remembered someone. A friend he had made. Kurt Cobain. He had met him in a music store. Dave was looking for drums, while Kurt worked, they started talking about music, and became the best of friends. They even started a band, Nirvana. But had to stop when their bass player moved away, and they couldn't find another one.

And then Dave made up his mind. He had to go to Kurt's. That seemed to be the only safe place. He knew he couldn't stay forever, so he had to get a job, and save up his money until he got enough to get an apartment or something.

Even though his legs were weak, he started to run again. He ran until he finally saw Kurt's house in view. He hesitated before walking on the porch and knocking on the door.

It didn't seem long before Kurt opened the door. Dave smiled at his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey, Dave. What's up?" Kurt asked with a smile. He took Dave's arm and pulled him inside.

"I... uh. I need to ask you of something." Dave said nervously.

"What is it?" Kurt asked and motioned for him to sit down. Dave sat on the couch beside him and sighed.

"Well... I told my parents I was gay. And my dad got real pissed and I had to leave... so... could I maybe stay with you. Just until I get a job and save up some money."

Kurt smiled. "Of course you can. You can stay as long as you need, Dave."

Dave smiled and wrapped his arms around Kurt's small body. "Thank you."

Kurt chuckled and hugged him back. "No problem."

Dave realized he may have had a small crush on Kurt. But he knew that'd never happen. He was only sixteen, and Kurt was twenty-three. Also, Kurt has a wife. He knew Kurt was bisexual. But he also knew he had no chance with him at all.

"You can stay in the guest room. Is that okay?" Kurt asked. Dave smiled and nodded.

"It's perfect."

Kurt chuckled and showed him his room. "I know it's small, but no one ever comes anyway so... yeah."

Dave looked around and smiled. "It's perfect. Thanks so much, Kurt."

"Your welcome. You should probably get to sleep. You look really tired." Kurt said. Dave nodded and watched as Kurt left the room. He was thankful to have someone like Kurt in his life.

Chapter 2

Kurt;

"Kurt, who's that in the guest room?" My wife, Courtney, said as she came into the kitchen and sat beside me at the table.

"That's my friend, Dave. He had nowhere else to go. So I said he could stay with us." I said and then took a drink of coffee.

"Why isn't he home with his parents?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

"He told them he was gay, and they kicked him out."

"Really? And how old is he?" She asked, sounding angry.

"Like sixteen I think."

She sighed and groaned. "I can't believe you're doing this."

"Doing what, Courtney?" I asked. And here we go. Another fight.

"Letting a little fag live with us. He could turn out to be a killer, or rapist, or-"

"Yeah, I don't think so. We've been friends for like two years. And don't call him a fag."

She laughed. "That's it? Kurt, he's only sixteen. He's a child."

"He isn't a child. He's a teenage. Almost an adult."

"Then why is he here?"

"You're being a bitch." I snapped.

"You're the one being a bitch."

"You only care about yourself. How would you like it if your parents threw you out?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Well it isn't me who got kicked out for being gay, is it?"

"Well I bet you'd feel pretty bad. Especially if a little bitch was calling you a fag."

"Fuck off, Kurt." She snapped and stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I can't be around you right now." She said before leaving, slamming the door behind her.

I hope Dave didn't hear any of that. She's so self-centered. I can't believe she's acting this way. He's only sixteen. Where else is he going to go? I couldn't allow him to just leave and live out on the street.

Dave;

I opened my eyes and quickly got out of bed. When I got downstairs Kurt was sitting at the kitchen table, running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. He's so attractive.

"Hey." I whispered. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey. Come here."

I sat beside him at the kitchen table. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" He asked, and rested his hand on my knee. I nodded.

"Yeah. Im okay."

He smiled and rubbed my knee gently. "Good." And then he took his hand away. "So, do you want something to eat or some coffee?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No thanks. Not right now."

He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. "Okay."

"So... have you been playing guitar lately?" I asked.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Sometimes. How's it going with the drums?"

"It was going good." I said with a smile. He took a long drag of the cigarette.

"Where's Courtney?" I asked, looking around.

He shrugged. "I don't really know. I don't really care either."

"Oh. Okay."

"She just... she's so self-centered. And I hate that."

I slowly nodded. "Yeah..."

"Maybe it'd be better if she had a personality like you." He said. I bit my bottom lip as I felt myself blush.

I nervously chuckled. "Yeah."

He chuckled. "Yeah. So if you want, I could take you to your parents house today, and you could get your stuff."

"Yeah. That'd be fine."

He smiled. "Cool."

Chapter 3

Dave;

I had got my things from my parents house. Luckily my dad was gone when I got there. I had put all my things away and went into Kurt's room, where I thought he was. He wasn't in there, but I found something. A needle with a little bit of some liquid stuff in it. It was sitting right on the bed.

Kurt's on needles?

I carefully picked it up and looked at it. I could tell it had been used. Should I ask him about this? I think so. Maybe I could get him to stop.

I ran downstairs to where Kurt was sitting, watching TV, and smoking.

"What's this?" I asked holding it up to him. He stared at me with shock and wide eyes.

"What are you doing with that?" He asked, slowly standing up and putting his cigarette out.

"I found it on your bed. Kurt, what's inside of it?"

"It's nothing. Throw it away." He said angrily.

"No. I'm not letting you do this." I snapped. "Now what the fuck is in it?"

"Dave, throw it away. I said it's nothing, okay?"

"It's something. And you used it. Tell me, Kurt."

He grabbed my wrist and squeezed it tightly. "I said it's nothing." He said through gritted teeth. I gasped in fear and that's when his expression softened and he let go of my hand.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I dropped the needle on the floor and hugged him tightly. He didn't say anything. Instead he hugged me back.

"Kurt, please, talk to me." I whispered.

He sighed and pulled away from the hug. "It's heroin."

"Kurt-"

"Just... don't tell me it's wrong and I shouldn't do it. I already know that. I guess I'm just addicted."

"Then I'll help you get off of it."

"I don't know... That seems like a lot for you to do. You're already going through a lot."

"Kurt, you're like my best friend. I can't let you continue doing this. It's not good for your health."

He nodded. "I know."

I sighed. "Why hasn't Courtney tried to help?"

He shrugged. "I guess she doesn't care."

"Well I do. How long have you been on it?" I asked.

"About a year." He said in a whisper.

"Okay. I know you can't just stop right now, but each day take less, okay?"

"Maybe. I'll try for you. Okay?"

I smiled. "Okay. For me."

He took my hand and ran his fingers over my wrist he had squeezed which left a red mark. It didn't really hurt, but he didn't know. He kissed it softly and continued to run his fingers softly over it.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's okay."

"I practically did child abuse."

"No you didn't."

"Yeah I did. You're sixteen, I'm twenty-three, that's a big age difference." He said.

"You didn't even hit me." I pointed out.

"If I ever do something like that again, punch me across the face, okay?"

I chuckled. "Okay." But I could never do that to his beautiful face. I heard the front door open and close and then Courtney appeared in the room.

"Hey... what's going on?" Courtney asked.

Kurt let go of my wrist. "Nothing."

"Why is there a needle on the floor?" She asked. "You mean you got him on it too?"

"No, Courtney. Maybe if you were here you'd know what happened." Kurt snapped.

"Fuck off." She said before running up the stairs. Kurt sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Sorry. We seem to argue a lot." Kurt said.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize."

He smiled. "You're really sweet, Dave. I like that about you."

"You're sweet too, Kurt. Really sweet." I said and poking his cheek. He chuckled and poked me back. And then it turned into a poking war.

Chapter 4

Kurt;

I was getting really tired of Courtney. It was getting to the point where I wanted to murder her. The only thing that was stopped me was Dave. He persuaded me not to kill her, and I guess I'll listen to him. I can't help but say I may have a small little crush on Dave. He's just so sweet, cute, and caring. But he's sixteen.

I've been trying my best to stop the heroin. I threw it all away. It's been really hard. I find myself craving it. But instead, I smoke a cigarette and play guitar to distract myself. Dave has been helping, which I'm really thankful for. I couldn't do this alone. He promised the craving feeling would go away after a while. I really hope it does.

"You okay?" Dave asked as he came down the stairs. I nodded quickly and played with my fingers.

"Craving feeling?" He asked. I nodded once again. He sat beside me and took my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"It'll be okay. I promise. I promise the feeling will go away soon. You're doing so great, Kurt." He said with a smile. I smiled back at him and gently squeezed his hand.

"You're so amazing, Dave. Thanks so much for trying to help me. I know it's-"

"Well well well. What's up?" Courtney interrupted with a smirk. I let go of Dave's hand.

"Nothing." I answered.

"Sure it's nothing." She said rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I have to go to a photo shoot." She picked up her jacket and slipped it on. She mumbled a bye before leaving.

I wrapped my arms around Dave, hugging him tightly. "Thanks." I whispered in his ear. He hugged me back and I could feel him smiling on my neck.

"Your welcome." He whispered back. I let go of him and smiled at him.

"I promise it'll get better." He said.

~~~~~~

"So, what's going on with you and your friend, Dave?" Courtney asked as she laid in bed beside me.

"Nothing."

"You always say nothing. But I know it's something, Kurt. You seem really close."

"We're just friends." I snapped.

"For right now. Kurt, he's sixteen. You can't be fucking around with him." She said with a sigh.

"I'm not fucking around with him!" I said angrily.

"Then why are you holding hands? Why are you two always flirting? Why are you always sitting so close to each other, and hugging, and whatever the hell else you do?" She yelled.

"Fuck off. You wouldn't understand."

"Yeah, you're fucking him."

Gosh I want to kill her so bad. I just want to strangle her. "Just shut up and go asleep." I snapped. She mumbled something before finally going to sleep. I hate her.

Chapter 5

Dave;

Kurt was shivering. I knew he was craving the heroin again. I wasn't to good at this, so I wasn't sure what to do. I tried to calm him, but he keeps shivering.

I ran my fingers slowly through his hair. I wrapped him in my arms and held him tightly. Then I started to rock him back and forth. "It's gonna be okay." I whispered in his ear.

After a few minutes, he stopped shivering. I pulled away from the hug and sighed. "You okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Thanks, Dave. I know this really gets annoying."

I chuckled. "It's not annoying. I just want you to be okay. You're going such a good job. I'm really proud."

He smiled. "You're so amazing."

I felt myself blush. "I'm not amazing."

He took my hand. "Yes you are. You're so sweet and caring. And adorable." He whispered the last part in my ear. I probably blushed deeper. He chuckled and moved some of my hair out of my face.

"I really like your eyes. They're beautiful." He whispered.

"Th-thanks. So are yours."

He leaned closer and smiled before pressing his lips against mine. I nearly gasped as he bit my bottom lip and tugged at it. He let it go and kissed me again. I tangled my fingers in his hair and kissed him deeply. His lips were so soft and amazing.

"This is wrong." He said in between a kiss.

"How?"

"I'm. Seven years. Older than. You." He said as his lips moved quickly.

"So? Age is just a number." I whispered on his lips. He rubbed his hand up and down my thigh as he pulled away. He smiled sweetly and pecked my lips one last time. I nuzzled our noses together.

"Your lips are soft." He whispered.

"Yours is too. And sweet."

He chuckled. "And so is yours. Can I kiss you again?" He asked.

"Yes." I whispered. He didn't waste any time before kissing me again. Our lips moved together quickly. His fingers were tangled in my hair, and my fingers were in his hair. He pulled my head back and kissed my neck.

"Kurt." I moaned softly and that's when he stopped.

"Sorry. I got kind carried away." He said with a chuckle. I chuckled with him. He nuzzled his nose against my neck and sighed.

"I'm tired." He whispered.

"Then go to sleep."

"Only if you lay with me." He whispered again. He laid back on the bed and pulled me beside him. He wrapped his arm around me as I snuggled into his chest.

Chapter 6

Dave;

Kurt went to go look at guitars. So it's only me and Courtney. I really don't like being around her. And it makes it worse that she hates me. I find it kind of funny that she thinks something is going on between me and Kurt. The truth is nothing is. Of course I would like it if something was, but it's not. It was just one kiss.

"Hey Dave. I know we really don't like each other, but I thought maybe I should tell you some things that Kurt said about you." Courtney said, sitting beside me on the couch.

"What?"

"Oh, maybe I shouldn't. I don't want to hurt your feelings."

"What is it?" I asked, feeling uneasy.

"Well... honestly, he said he was just going to use you. He said you meant nothing at all to him. Not a boyfriend, not a friend. He's just going to use you."

"Use me?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm sorry."

"A-are you serious?" I asked. She frowned and nodded. I knew I was about my cry. My heart felt like it had been shattered. He was going to use me? So all of it was fake. He was just being nice to me so he could get close to me.

I didn't say anything else before running the the stairs and gathering my things together. I shoved them in my suitcase. Tears started to fall from my eyes, so I wiped them away.

~~~~~

Kurt;

I'm going to tell Dave how I really feel about him. I'm in love with him. Like he said, age doesn't matter. Then I'm going to divorce Courtney.

I walked inside my house. Courtney was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. She looked up at me and stood up quickly. She wrapped her hands around me neck and pecked my lips. Gross.

"I missed you." She said with a smile.

"Where's Dave?" I asked.

She giggled. "Gone."

"Gone? Where?"

"I told him you were using him and he left. You should've seen him. He looked so hurt. He looked like he was going to cry."

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I snapped.

"Because you're mine. Not Dave's. Mine."

"Not anymore." I said through gritted teeth. "Where'd he go?"

She shrugged. "Like I care."

"Of course you don't. I have to go look for him. When I get back, I want you to be gone."

"Really, Kurt? You're going to end our marriage for a sixteen year old boy? A boy?"

"Yes I am."

"He's sixteen, Kurt! You can't be with him!" She yelled.

"I don't care how old he is. I love him. And he's better than you! He's so sweet and you're a bitch. You're always bitching about something. But he actually cares about me."

"I do care about you. Please, don't leave. Remember when you said you wanted kids? He can't give you that, Kurt. But I can."

"I don't care. I'll adopt. I have to go find him." I said before rushing out the door.

Where could he be?

Chapter 7

Dave;

I knocked on Chad's door, waiting for him to open. I was freezing and I was hurting all over. I tried to go home, but my dad was really abusive toward me. I knew I couldn't go back to Kurt's. I never want to see him again. So here I am at Chad's.

"Hey, Dave. Damn. What happened?"

"I-I-"

"Come on. You look horrible." He said and moved to the side. I slowly walked inside and he shut the door behind me.

"Are you okay?"

"N-no. M-my dad h-h-hit me and Kurt... he-"

"Hush hush. Let's get you cleaned up and calmed down. Then you can explain. Okay?"

I shakily nodded. "O-okay."

~~~~~~

Kurt;

I walked up to Dave's porch. He has to be here. I knocked on the door, shortly after his mother opened the door.

"Hi. Is Dave here?" I asked quickly. She frowned and shook her head.

"No. Sorry. He just left a few minutes ago."

"Oh. Do you know where he went?"

She shrugged. "Sorry sweetie. I don't know."

I looked down at my feet. "Okay. Thanks." And then I rushed off. Maybe he went back to my house? I have to find him.

~~~~~~

Dave;

"There. Better?" Chad asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks." I mumbled. I watched as he cleaned up his first aid kit and threw away the bloody cloths.

"So your dad hit you, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"That's awful. I'm sorry that happened." He said softly and moved my hair away from my face. He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"So I guess you have nowhere to go now, right?"

"Right." I whispered.

He grinned. "I'll make you a deal. I'll let you stay here for free, if you agree to be my sex slave."

"I-I'm still a virgin." I said quickly.

"I'll be easy the first few times." He whispered and kissed my neck. Sex slave? I couldn't do that. But I have nowhere to go and I don't want to go back to Kurt's.

"Okay. I'll do it. But you can't let Kurt know I'm here, okay?"

He nodded. "Whatever you want." And he started to undo his jeans.

"I'm scared." I whispered. He grinned.

"Don't be. I'll be sure to be extra careful."

Chapter 8

Dave;

When I opened my eyes the pain hit me. Worse than yesterday. I wanted Kurt to be laying beside me. But instead it was Chad. I can't keep going on with this slave thing. It's awful.

I sat up in bed, and nearly screamed at the pain. But I held it in. I had to be quiet. I had to get out of here. I couldn't continue this. I'd just go live under a bridge or something.

"Where are you going?" Chad asked in a sleepy voice.

"I'm going to go get a few things at my parents house." I lied easily.

"Want me to go with you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No thanks. It's fine. My dad is gone to work. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Hurry back." He said with a wink. I slipped on some clothes and hurry out the door. I started running as fast as I could. I didn't want to go back to Chad's. I never wanted to experience that again.

I ran until I saw a bridge in view. Finally I slowed down and started walked. Underneath the bridge sat a dirty blonde headed guy. I could tell he was smoking a cigarette. I knew it was Kurt. His back was turned toward me.

"Kurt." I whispered. He turned around and stared at me. He threw down his cigarette and jumped up.

"Dave. I thought I'd never see you again!" He said happily and squeezed me tightly.

"I can't believe you lied to me like that." I snapped and pushed him away.

"Dave, I didn't lie to you. Courtney lied. She just told you that because she was jealous. I wasn't going to use you." He promised.

"How can I believe you?"

"Because I love you. I figured that out when I kissed you. And I want you to come back. Courtney is gone."

"Where'd she go?"

"I kicked her out for lying to you. We're going to get a divorce."

"Kurt, I don't know."

"You don't believe me?" He asked with a frown. I could see hurt all over his face. I nodded with a smile.

"Yes I believe you."

"Good. I was so worried about you. What happened to your eye and cheek?" He asked.

I sighed. "My dad."

"That bitch." He said through gritted teeth. He took my hand and laced our fingers. "I'll never let anyone hurt you. Not even touch you."

I smiled. "I love you too by the way."

"Dave! What the fuck are you doing?" I heard Chad yell. I looked behind me to see him rushing to me. He punched me in the back of my head. Before I fell, Kurt caught me and sat me on the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kurt screamed and punched Chad in the face. Everything became blurry, and all I heard was screaming, cussing, and punching noises before everything turned black.

~~~~~~

"Dave. Dave." Kurt repeated. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. I realized I was now on a bed.

"Kurt, are you okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"I think so." I said then slowly sat up. I whined in pain.

"What's wrong?" Kurt asked quickly.

"It hurts." I whispered.

"You had sex?" He asked in a low voice.

"Yeah... but I had to." I said and then quickly told him the story. He sighed and hugged me softly.

"Dave, I know that I'm quite a few years older than you. I know we shouldn't be together. But I want to be with you so bad. I just want to protect you and never let anyone hurt you. I just want to hold you, and kiss you all day. I... I need you."

I smiled. "Then you should be my boyfriend."

He chuckled and kissed my lips softly. "Only if you want to."

"I want to." I assured. He smiled and pecked my lips.

"Awesome. Finally you're mine."

"But we have to kinda keep this a secret. Just until I turn eighteen." I said.

He nodded. "Yeah. I know."

Chapter 9

Kurt;

Mine and Dave's secret relationship was going really great. No one had found out, and no one seemed suspicious. I didn't know where Courtney was, and I really didn't care. Hopefully, just hopefully, she won't tell anyone about me and Dave though. Of course I'm not ashamed, I just know that we'll end up getting separated if people find out. But as soon as Dave turns eighteen, I'm going to tell the whole world I love him.

"Hey." Dave whispered and laid in bed beside me.

"Hi." I said with a smile. He took my hand and laced our fingers together.

"You know, I never thought I'd be with you. But I'm really glad I am." He said in a whisper. I kissed his cheek.

"I love you."

He giggled. "I love you too."

I looked into his eyes and chuckled.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. You're just amazing." I said smiling.

"Oh really? Because I think you're talking about yourself." He said and then crawled on top of me. He giggled before lightly kissing my lips and running his fingertips softly up and down my chest, making me shiver.

"You're beautiful." He said as he pulled away, sounding breathless. He kissed my neck softly and slowly moved his fingers lower.

"What are you doing?" I asked quickly.

"I really want this, Kurt."

"We can't, Dave. Not yet. Not until you're eighteen."

He sighed before stopping what he was doing. He pulled away and sat on me, straddling me.

"Kurt, that's too long. I can't wait until I'm eighteen. No one will know." He whispered.

"I just... I want to wait." I said softly and ran my fingers through his hair. He sighed but nodded. "You know I love you though. I think we should just wait for a while." I said. He gently smiled and kissed my lips before rolling off me and laying beside me.

"Okay. I suppose I can wait." He replied.

I chuckled. "Good. Now let's go to sleep."

He moved closer to me where he was laying right beside me. His back was touching my chest. I wrapped my arm around him and squeezed him tightly before kissing his cheek. He giggled a little as I nuzzled his hair.

"You're perfect babe." I whispered in his ear.

"Nah. You are." He said in a whisper. I could tell he was about to fall asleep.

"Kurt, I-" But he didn't finish what he was saying, he went quiet.

"Dave! Wake up!" I whispered and shook him gently.

"Oh yeah. What was I saying now?"

I chuckled. "Nothing. Goodnight babe. I love you. Sweet dreams."

"I love you too. Night." He whispered and fell asleep.





^ back to top ^