A+    A-

Chapter One-

The rain poured down on my head as I walked along the dark, empty street. No noise was around except for the rain. I found a small pole-light but it wasn't bright enough to light up the street. I could barely see where I was going. It was foggy, dark, and rainy. Great.

I ran away from home and I'm not going back. My mother hates me. My father hates me. My mother hates my father, and my father hates my mother. Why was I born? Probably a mistake. My sister is always out sleeping with men and getting drunk. My mother and father are always yelling and I always feel alone.

It used to not be this way. We used to be a normal family like a mother in the kitchen fixing cakes and pies, a son and father in the backyard playing football, and a sister in her room playing with dolls. But something happened, my sister got older, I started wanting to play guitar, my mother and father were always fighting and arguing. I would sit in my room and blast music, trying to stop the sound, but nothing helped. I had nightmares too. It was ruining my life.

Eventually my mother and father got divorced. I lived with my father for a while but he got remarried and found a new son. Then I lived with my mother but she didn't appreciate me. That's why I left. No one cared for me. I have no idea where my sister is, she could be dead but I don't care. That's what she gets for being a whore.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a loud boom. Thunder. Then a streak lightning lit up the sky. I quickly ran under a bridge. This spot is perfect. In case my mother comes looking for me, she'll never look here. I sat down and ran my fingers through my blonde hair. My blue eyes searched around, I could make out a river and a few plants but that's it. I looked up at the bridge and saw some graffiti had been done. I sighed and shivered.

It was freezing and plus I was wet from the rain. I couldn't make a fire because it was to dark to find wood, plus I don't have a lighter and I don't think rubbing two pieces of wood together is gonna start a fire.

I laid back and shut my eyes, hoping to fall asleep soon. I kept shivering. I raised up and hugged myself. How can I get warm?

I sat there thinking for at least twenty minutes but nothing came to mind. The night went so slow, it has to be close to getting daylight. I laid back down, looking at the top of the bridge. The rain had finally stopped but it was still thundering from a distance. I kept my eyes closed then I started counting sheep, doesn't anything work?

I couldn't go to sleep so I decided to stay awake. I wish I would've brought my guitar but I didn't. I didn't bring anything.

Finally the sun started coming up. I heard birds singing. It's like everything comes alive at daylight or something. I got out from under the bridge and stood in the sun, trying to get warmth.

"Hi there." I heard a voice.

I turned around to find a boy, standing tall and proud with a smile on his face and his arms crossed.

Chapter Two-

"H-Hi." I said after a few seconds. I felt a little scared. What was he going to do? Kill me? Beat me up? Rape me?

His smile never faded but he did uncross his arms and walk toward me. I froze in my spot but I began to feel a little calmer when he said, "I'm Chad. Are you okay? You look like your freezing."

I nodded in agreement. I was freezing and I felt like I'd never be warm again. He smiled and took my hand. I followed behind him.

"I'm gonna take you to my house. You can shower and warm up. What's your name?" He said as he stared walking faster.

I mumbled, "Kurt."

He smiled. "Cool name. Don't be scared, I won't hurt you."

I put on a fake smile and continued walking. The way there was pretty silent. He asked me why I ran away. I didn't answer him, instead I looked down. I didn't want to tell a stranger about my life. We walked inside his house and it was warm. I smiled and sighed happily. I wish my home was like this. Warm and joyful, but instead it's cold and dark.

"You okay?" he asked with a concerned face.

I nodded and faked a smile again. "Yeah. I'm fine."

He smiled. "How about you take a shower and I fix you something to eat?"

I nodded. "Okay, but, I don't have any clothes."

He smiled. "You can have mine."

I lightly smiled and headed upstairs. I walked into what I guess was his room and got a long sleeve shirt and jeans. I went into the bathroom and started the shower. I washed my hair and cleaned my body. After I got done I dried off and got dressed.

I went back downstairs to Chad. He was siting there smoking a cigarette. He looked at me and bit his bottom lip. I looked away feeling uncomfortable. I heard him laugh, which sounded evil.

I felt him come closer to me. He pushed me against the wall and pressed his body onto mine. Now I was feeling extremely uncomfortable and scared. He kissed my neck and held my hand. I tried to wiggle out of his grip but I couldn't. He brushed his lips against mine. I turned my head away from him.

"Aren't you beautiful? I was planning on doing this tonight but I couldn't wait any longer. Your just so.... Mmmm. I want to be with you." He said in a whisper. I looked down and tried to get away from him but his grip was to strong.

"Stay away." I whispered to him.

He laughed. I heard a bang, my head had a heavy feeling then everything went black.

When I opened my eyes I looked around. At first it was blurry but then everything became clear. I looked and saw Chad sitting in a chair. I tried to move my hands but they were tied up behind my back. I tried to talk but my mouth was tapped.

"Finally your awake. I'm sorry I had to hurt you but you wouldn't stop moving. If you were wondering, you were knocked out for three hours." He spoke as he came closer. I swallowed hard and watched him as he crawled on top of me. I tried to scream and move but I couldn't. He could do anything he wanted to because I was tied up.

"I wish I could kiss your perfect lips but I knew you'd scream." He said with a grin. He started undressing me. What was I suppose to do? I couldn't do anything so I had to lay there and take it. I was still a virgin and I knew it would hurt. I felt tears run from my eyes but Chad wiped them away. I was going to be raped.

I felt him stroking me, I felt disgusted. I tried to tell him to stop but he couldn't understand me. I felt him getting ready to put himself inside me. First he started slow but then he jammed himself inside me. I screamed and cried. I didn't want this, it hurt. It hurt like hell. I laid there. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak so I laid there and cried as he did what he wanted to me.

Finally when he was finished he untaped my mouth. "Anything you want sweetheart?" he asked with a wink.

"Untie my hands." I pleaded.

He thought for a minute. "What if you leave?"

I shook my head. "I won't leave."

He smiled and pecked my lips. "Good. Now go shower again and come back in here. I'll bring you some clothes." He said as he untied my hands.

I nodded and quickly got up and ran into the bathroom. I just wanted to get those germs off me. I started crying again. I didn't even try to hold them back, instead I let them fall. I knew I was bleeding, I felt the blood fall from me. I looked down and saw the blood running down the shower.

After I finished I got out and started drying off. Chad came in and handed me some clothes. He stood and watched as I dressed. I didn't feel comfortable around him. I had to leave. I had to get out. I faked a smile and followed him back into the bedroom.

He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head. This sick bastard. He smiled and held one of my hands.

"Goodnight." He whispered.

"Night" I mumbled as I waited for him to fall asleep. It didn't take long, I got out of his weak grip and wondered downstairs. I slipped on my converse and quietly walked out. When I got out I started running. I ran as fast as I could. I ran and ran for what felt like hours.

I stopped at a building which had Floyd The Barber written on it. I sat beside the building and leaned against it. I feel so sore. I closed my eyes and before long I fell asleep.

Chapter Three-

"Wake up." Someone kept repeated and shaking me. I slowly started to wake up. I opened my eyes to find a tall, skinny boy with brown eyes and longish dark hair.

"H-Hey." I said with a smile. A real smile. This guy was... gorgeous.

He chuckled. "Hey sleepy head. Get up."

I felt myself blush. Memories of last night flashed through my mind. The rape. Running away. Sleeping next to the barber shop.

"You okay?" he asked as he helped me up. I smiled and slowly let go of his hand. He put his hands in his pockets and smiled at me.

I nodded and smiled back. I can't stop smiling. "Yeah I'm fine."

"How come you was out here on the street?" he asked as he opened the door to the barber shop. I'm guessing he's either just a worker,or Floyd.

"Oh uh- I ran away from home." I said as I looked down. I didn't want to talk about the rape.

"Oh, do you have anywhere to go?" he asked as we walked in.

I shook my head. "No, I'm living on the street."

He frowned. "You can come live with me. I need a roommate." His frown faded into a smile.

I cleared my throat. "No thanks."

"Why? I won't bite." He chuckled.

I shrugged. "I'm fine."

He shook his head. "Come on, if you don't like it there then you can leave."

"I'll think about it." I finally ended that conversation.

"So, are you Floyd?" I asked.

He laughed. "No, I'm Dave."

I smiled and felt my cheeks go hot. I looked away,smiling and blushing like a girl.

"What's your name?" He asked as he sat down and started spinning around in a chair.

"Kurt Cobain." I said.

He smiled. "I like that name."

I blushed. "Thanks."

He chuckled. "Want a haircut?"

I smiled and shook my head. "No thanks. I like my hair."

He chuckled. "I don't give haircuts anyway. I clean then leave."

I nodded. "Sounds cool."

He smiled. "Wait here and I'm gonna go clean. When I get done we'll go to my house."

He wondered off into a different room. I can't go to his house. What if I get raped again? What if I get killed this time? Well if he has a job then he can't be too dangerous. I don't know what to do. Go or live on the streets? I'll go, one night then leave.

"Ready?" he asked as he grabbed his keys. I was thinking that long?

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready."

He smiled and took my hand. We walked to his house which wasn't to far away. I was feeling different emotions. Scared, nervous, excited, I couldn't even explain how I was feeling. Dave seemed sweet but then again Chad seemed sweet at first.

"You okay? Don't be scared, I promise I won't bite." Dave said with a cute chuckle.

I smiled and faked a chuckle. "Just don't rape me." I mumbled.

"Huh?" Dave asked as he looked at me with a confused face.

"Nothing " I looked away.

"You were ra-raped? Who the fuck did it? Tell me who!" he said with clinching fist.

"I-I don't know." I lied.

"Kurt tell me. Who hurt your body?" he whispered with teary eyes.

"I don't know who it was. I don't wanna talk about it." I began to walk ahead of him but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

"I'm sorry. If you don't wanna talk about it then we won't until your ready."

I smiled. I was feeling a little better. Everything would be fine if only I wasn't sore.

"We're here." Dave said with a smile.

I nervously followed him inside. He shut the door behind us and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry for yelling. If you don't wanna talk about it then you don't have to."

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks. It was just... Awful. I don't wanna talk about it right now."

He unwrapped me and nodded. "I'm sorry that had to happen to you."

I looked down. "Yeah." I mumbled.

He pulled me into the kitchen. "So, what do you want to eat?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"You have to eat. Look how skinny you are." Dave poked my tummy.

I closed my eyes and smiled. I think I blushed to. Dave chuckled at me. "How about... pizza?"

I nodded. "Sure."

Dave smiled. "You can go shower. If you need clothes then your welcome to get them from my room."

I smiled. "Thanks." I ran upstairs and got a T-shirt, jeans, and button up. I went into the bathroom and started the shower.

After I finished I went back downstairs to Dave. I remember what happened last time I went downstairs from a shower. I was pressed against a wall. I quickly pushed that thought away, I don't want to think about it anymore.

"Hey." Dave said with a smile.

"Hi" I mumbled and looked down.

"Well come on and eat." He pulled me to the kitchen table. I picked up a piece of pizza and started eating. They were two pieces missing so I'm guessing Dave already had some.

"So, umm, what's up?" he said with a smile. I smiled back and shook my head for 'nothing.'

He looked at my eyes but I closed them and looked away. He touched my face but I flinched away.

"Hey calm down I'm just trying to get the eyelash off your face before it gets in your eye." Dave said as he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, sorry." I got closer to him. He slowly got the eyelash off my cheek. He looked into my blue eyes and I looked into his brown eyes.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed now." I said as I moved away. He nodded and I followed behind him as he took me to his room.

"Uhhhh-"

"Sorry, you kinda have to sleep with me. Don't worry I don't mind. Maybe soon we can get you a bed or something. I'm pretty much used to being by myself." Dave said.

I looked at him. "Can't I just sleep on the couch?"

"Well it's really not comfortable. You'll probably end up falling off. It's okay. We can lay back to back." Dave got into the bed and moved over so I could get it. With hesitation I got into the bed. I felt his back against mine. I realized it was freezing I pulled the cover over me then I felt an arm around me.

"It's cold." Dave whispered. I smiled and fell asleep.

Chapter Four-

I opened my eyes and quickly sat up. I looked around and found that Dave was already gone. I got out of bed and went downstairs.

"Morning." Dave said. I jumped.

"You scared me!" I said as I took in a deep breath.

"Sorry." Dave chuckled.

"I thought you'd be at work." I said as I sat down beside him.

"I only work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and today is Thursday."

I smiled. "Awesome. So, I think I'm gonna go now."

"Go where?"

I shrugged. "Not sure."

"You can't run away. I mean, you have nowhere to go so why run away?" He said as he grabbed my arm.

I sighed. "Fine I'll stay for a few days."

He smiled. "Good. Want some donuts?"

I shook my head. "I just got up."

"Well go put on some clothes. My parents are coming over and I kinda told them we were engaged and living together."

I raised my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Well you see, my parents won't let me live alone and I didn't want to go back home so I told them you were my boyfriend and your living with me."

"Why didn't you use someone else for this?" I looked up and signed.

"Because your perfect now go get dressed."

With hesitation I walked upstairs and got dressed. I really didn't like the idea of doing this. I looked behind me and saw Dave standing there, once again scaring me. I quickly put my shirt on and crossed my arms. "What?"

He handed me a ring. "Here you go baby." He winked.

I sighed but slipped it on my finger. We both heard a knock at the door so we went back downstairs. Dave opened the door and his parents walked in. Instead of a simple handshake, I got a bone crushing hug.

His mother smiled at me. "So your Kurt?"

I smiled back and nodded. She sat down beside her husband and I sat beside Dave. He grabbed my hand and held it. I immediately felt butterflies. I mean, I would date Dave probably. I don't know. I wonder what he thinks of me... I wonder what it'd be like dating him...

"So how did you guys meet?" his mother asked.

I looked at Dave and he shrugged. "At uhhh umm my job. He walked in and uh I asked him out." I chuckled a little and looked away. His hand felt kinda sweaty, does that mean his nervous? Well no wonder he's nervous he is lying to his parents.

"Well I hope you guys come to the beach with us." His father said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Huh?"

"In a week we are going to the beach and we want you two to come, maybe you could get married there." His mother said with a wink. I looked at Dave who had a smile on his face.

"Yeah we'll be there" Dave said.

I rolled my eyes. Great. This is going to be amazing.

"Well we have to go but I'll see you next week." His mother said. Again I got a bone crushing hug. Finally they left.

"I'm not going to a beach and getting married." I said as I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that they'd ask me. I couldn't say no. I'm sorry Kurt." He looked down. I had the urge to wrap my arms around him and I did it. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Fine I'll go." I said. He smiled.

"Thanks but we're not getting married."

I laughed. "Okay."

Chapter Five-

~One Week Later~

"Ready?" Dave asked as he pulled me into a hug. I nodded and grabbed my bag. I didn't really want to go on a beach with Dave's parents.

Over the week I've gained a lot of feelings for Dave. I love him. I mean, he doesn't know it. I don't know if I'm going to tell him either. Maybe someday.

We got into the car and started driving. Luckily it was just me and Dave but later we would have to get on a plane with his parents.

"Listen I'm sorry, I know you didn't want to do this. But thanks. It'll be fun though. Me and you, on a beach. We'll run through the sand and play in the water." He said without taking his eyes off the road.

I smiled at the thought. Me and Dave on the beach. I kiss his soft lips. Gosh I can't wait for that moment. "Yeah, it's okay."

He smiled and we arrived at the airport. We saw his parents and sat with them. We talked for a few minutes then got on the plane.

"Dave?" I asked quietly because pretty much everyone else was asleep.

"Yeah?" he whispered back.

"Thanks."

He smiled. "For what?"

"Taking me in and helping me. And, if you wanna know, I did get raped. If you still wanna hear about it."

He nodded and held my hand for comfort. "Well, I ran away from home. I stayed under a bridge for a few hours then this guy named Chad came up to me. I went home with him and he uh did it. It really hurt to because I was still a virgin and he went... Really rough. I was so scared Dave. I didn't know what was going to happen next. I didn't like when he touched me. I felt disgusted. I quickly ran away from him. Then you found me the next morning." I didn't realize it but I was crying. Dave wiped away my tears and pulled my on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me as I cried on his shoulder.

"You didn't deserve that Kurt. I'm sorry it happened. I'll protect you, I'll never let him hurt you again. I promise." He said as he stroked random pieces of my hair.

I sighed and finally stopped crying after a while. Dave still had his arms around me so I decided to fall asleep in his arms.





^ back to top ^