A+    A-
Courtney yells and screams, I start to throw a few things around. She starts crying and in between her sobs she tells me she’s trying to change.

“You’re just always gone and sometimes I wonder if I still know you.” I try to feel sympathetic and she slowly draws me in.

“You can only see what you want to see.” I explain, reasoning that this was the reason why she felt she didn’t know me anymore. “I think we just need to take these few weeks that I’m on tour to sort things out.” She stood in front of me with her mouth open.

“You can’t leave me Kurt.” She started reaching for me, but I backed away.

“I’m not. I just need some time to think.” My hand was wrapped around the doorknob and I stepped outside.

“You can run away and fuck all the people you’d like but it won’t change a thing! I own you Kurt Cobain!” Her yells infiltrated my mind and I thought of screeching back some choice words but I resisted.

All I had to do was make it to the end of the block and there he would be waiting, Dave. I smile as I see him taking the last few drags from his cigarette.

“I thought that yelling was her. The bitch has pipes.” He laughed as I settled inside the car.

“Yeah she wasn’t too happy. But at least I won’t have to see how she reacts to the divorce papers.”

“She’ll get over it. You can crash at my house until things are finalized.” He informed me.

“You know you don’t have to lure me into bed anymore.” I chuckled and he squeezed my hand.

“I’m just letting you know that you have options. I don’t want to pressure you into anything.”

“You could never do that to me Dave.” I leaned in closer to him. “Besides, I like you too much to say no.” I snuggled my head in his armpit and he placed his hand on my back.

We pulled up to his house in a short while and I moved away from him.

“I’ve got a little surprise for you.” He covered my eyes before we entered his house. “Okay you can open them now.” I could always feel him smiling.

“Daddy,” Frances came stumbling over to me with her new land legs. I felt a tear escape my eye, even though Jackie was sitting on the couch monitoring our encounter. I pulled her close to my chest and felt her hands tug at my hair. I let her go and turned towards Dave with a smile. I wrapped him in a tight embrace and whispered, “You’re really good at saving me,” before giving him a quick kiss. I didn’t even mind if Jackie was eyeing us. I was just glad that I could finally breathe.


^ back to top ^