A+    A-

'Love of mine. Someday you will die.'



Dave laid on his side. It was a bit after 4 a.m. and the sky was still dark in the Washington air. It was a bit chilly in the cabin. But he didn't care. Because next to him, was the most beautiful person Dave had ever meet. Kurt Cobain. He slept silently with his mouth slightly ajar. his hair was everywhere. A few tuffs were over his pale face. Dave wished his eyes were open. Just so he could see the two orbs of bright baby blue.

The smile on Dave's face faded when he remember the doctor's words. 'Kurt's not going to make it. He has maybe a year at best. I'm sorry.' He wasn't sorry. No one was sorry. Except for Dave. He had caused this. Kurt's bones stopped growing. But his organs didn't. If Dave hadn't forced him to eat so much and choke, the bad oxygen wouldn't have circulated and made Kurt sick. But now he was slowly and painfully dying.



'But I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark.'



Dave cried. Kurt was now reddened to a hospital. he sat next to Kurt's bed. And air mask covered his face. His eyes were closed and outh slightly ajared. Just like the morning following the night of their love.

"Dave. Don't cry." He brought his head up to see Kurt's beautiful eyes starring at him. "It's not your fault." He smiled.

Dave cried harder. "No Kurt. It is. It's all my fucking fault!" He sobbed and grabbed Kurt. he brought him into the biggest hug he had even given Kurt. "Please. If there's no one beside you, when your soul embarks. Then I'll follow you into the dark." He cried. Kurt wasn't going to wake up the next morning. Dave already knew that. he had maybe a few minutes with Kurt left.

"Dave. Please. When I die, I don't want you too." He fell back gently as Dave laid him back down.

"Kurt. This is the last thing I could ever want. I want to be wih you forever." He pulled a gun out of his back pocket. "When you die. I'll follow you. Forever." he loaded it and placed it on the bedside nightstand. "Okay."

Kurt grinned with all his force. "Thank you, Dave. I'll wait for you." He turned his head upwards towards the ceiling and reached for Dave's hand. He grabbed it and gave it a squeeze. "The time for sleep is now. It's nothing to cry about. Cause we'll hold each other soon. In the blackest fo rooms." His arm was covered in wires.

Dave thought back to the last year. Kurt's special diet of fluids and soft foods. His pain and suffering. His smile every time he and Dave kissed. Everytime they hugged. Everytime they did anything. he smiled and kept strong. Until his last few weeks. Which were spent in a hospita.

"Dave. I love you." Kurt spoke softly and smiled toward Dave. "I always have."

A few tears fell as Dae reached for the gun. "I love you, too. See you soon Kurt." He placed a soft kiss on Kurt's cheek and held the gun to his head. "See you soon."



'No blinding lights or tunnels to gates of white. just our hands clasped so tight.'

'If there's no one beside you, when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark. I'll follow you into the dark.'



^ back to top ^