A+    A-

"No, Dave." Kurt whispered, a tear rolling down his cheek. "You can't leave me. You're suppose to be with me forever. You can't go! I need you!"

Kurt held tighter to Dave's pale, weak body. The two laid in a hospital bed, the lights turned out, while the bright moonlight shone through the window. As the warm tears rolled down Kurt's cheeks, Dave held him closer to his chest.

"Shhhh. Don't cry, baby. I'll still be there, watching over you to make sure you're okay. I'll still be there with you. Forever. I'll be like, your guardian angel." Dave's weak voice spoke softly. Those words only made Kurt sob more.

"I-I- No. I need your hugs, your kisses, your silly jokes. I need you to hold me. I need you to make me happy after I've had a bad day. I need your cuddles when I'm cold. I need you here with me." Kurt sobbed in Dave's chest.

"I know, Kurt. I know you need me. If it were up to me, my cancer would be cured and I could stay with you."

"I really fucking need you. This isn't fair! Why do I have to lose you?! Why, Dave?! Why?" Kurt yelled. Dave ran his fingers through his boyfriend's hair and hushed him.

"Hey, look at the good things. You'll be graduating high school. Going to college. Your mom will be so proud." Dave whispered in Kurt's ear.

"How can I look at the good things when your dying? I can't lose you, Dave. Please. Please, I need you."

"There's nothing I can do." Dave whispered, his voice getting weaker, his eyes slowly dropping, then quickly popping back open.

"Dave, are you okay?" Kurt asked. Dave weakly nodded his head.

"I want you to remember, Kurt, you're beautiful. You're the most perfect boy in the world. I'm sorry that I have to put you through his pain. I'm sorry I made you fall in love with me, but while I was with you, it was the best time of my life. I'm glad I got to meet someone as wonderful as you. I wish..." Dave trailed off, his voice cracking, and a tear slowly rolling down his cheek.

"I wish I could hear your beautiful voice everyday. I wish I could look into your beautiful eyes everyday. But, you know, it's almost time for me to go. I can feel it."

"No, Dave." Kurt whispered, his heart picking up speed. "Don't say that. You're staying with me. You're not going anywhere."

"You look so beautiful right now." Dave sobbed. "I want to stay with you, Kurt. But-but I can't. And I know one day you'll find someone else. You'll fall in love all over again and you'll forget me."

"No. That's never going to happen. Please, stop saying those things. Your scaring me." Kurt cried.

"I love you, Kurt." Dave whispered, his eyes slowly dropping. "Say it one more time. Tell me you love me."

"I love you." Kurt said, holding on even tighter. "Dave... Don't close your eyes."

But it was too late, Dave's eyes were shut. His breathing had stopped. His heart stopped beating. And the machine has buzzing and showing a straight line.

"Dave! No! Dave, wake up! No! You can't leave me! I love you! Please! Dave!" Kurt screamed, tears streaming down his face.

"Wake up, Dave! You can't be dead! No!" He screamed. Nurses and doctors came fleeing into the room. The nurses, with all their strength, pulled Kurt off his lover and pulled him out of the room.

"No! Let go of me! Dave! Please!" Kurt sobbed as he was being pulled out of the room.

"He's dead." A voice said, loud enough for Kurt to hear. And that's all that happened before everything went blank.

* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *

"Smile!" Kurt's mother said, holding a camera in front of him. Kurt quickly adjusted his cap before faking a smile. After she snapped the picture, Kurt was grabbed into a hug.

"Congratulations." Chad, one of Kurt's best friends whispered in his ear. Kurt returned the hug, using one arm.

"You too, man." Kurt said, faking another smile.

"It feels like just yesterday was the first day of freshmen year, huh? Me, you, Krist, and well. You know."

"Dave." Kurt whispered, looking down at his shoes that the gown almost covered.

"Yeah. I gotta go. I'll see you around." Chad said, giving Kurt a big pat on the back.

"Honey, are you ready to go?" His mom asked. Kurt nodded and followed behind her to the car.

He began to wonder what it would be like if Dave were there. A big smile on his face, giving everyone high fives and hugs. Taking Kurt away.

"I can't believe my baby boy is graduated." Ms. Cobain said, sighing as she started up the car.

The whole ride was full of questions from his mother, with only short and quiet replies. Kurt didn't want it to be this day. He wanted to go back. Back to the day when he first met Dave.

"Honey, are you alright?" Ms. Cobain asked, as the car came to stop. Kurt gave her a nod and got out of the car.

"I need to do something. I'll be back soon, okay?" Kurt said, pulling off his gown and cap. Underneath was his regular clothes. Jeans and a flannel.

"Okay. But don't be too long."

"I won't." Kurt promised before heading on his way.

After about ten minutes, he had arrived to his destination. The graveyard. In only seconds, Kurt was sitting next to Dave's tombstone.

"I really missed you today. I mean, I miss you everyday, but today was one of the hard days." Kurt whispered. "We had been planning this day for so long, you know. And after graduation, we had a plan to run away."

The wind blew, sending Kurt's hair in all different directions. Every time the wind blew, Kurt thought it was Dave trying to communicate with him.

"I don't know if I can do this anymore, Dave. I can't live without you. Every day it hurts. I always think of you. I still love you. Sometimes, at night, I pretend you're there with me. I think I'm going crazy. I even had a dream about you. Crazy, right?"

"I mean, if I you know, die... Couldn't I see you again?" Kurt asked, and then it fell into silence again.

"I have to go now." Kurt whispered. "I'll see you soon, angel."

After placing a quick peck on the tombstone, Kurt stood up to his feet and began his way back home. He knew what had to be done. He needed to see his soul mate once again. He couldn't live life anymore without Dave.

Going up the stairs to the door, Kurt's head ran with different thoughts. But, he didn't care anymore. All he cared about was seeing Dave again.

"Mom?" Kurt called out, stepping into the house. Almost immediately, he noticed a note sitting on the coffee table. After a quick glance, he saw that his mom was gone and wouldn't be back for a few hours.

"Perfect." Kurt whispered. Slowly, he crept up the stairs and into his bedroom. His legs felt weak and wobbly, his palms sweaty, his body rushing with all kinds of different emotions.

Opening his closet, he reached to the top shelf and pulled down a gun. Looking at the heavy weapon in his hand, a tear rolled down Kurt's cheek.

"I told you I couldn't live without you." Kurt said aloud. "And now I won't have to. Now, I'll be with you again."

Holding his finger on the trigger of the already loaded gun, Kurt held it to his temple. Shutting his eyes tightly, he took a deep breath in and pulled the trigger. Ending it all.

* * * *
* * * *

"Where am I?" Kurt whispered a loud, looking around. "Is this heaven?" He asked aloud.

The sky was a beautiful blue. Many different colored flowers covered the ground, along with golden paths. Kurt looked down, seeing he was still wearing the same clothes, but they had no blood stains. He didn't feel anything, except happiness. No worries. No fears. No more pain.

"Your here." A voice behind Kurt whispered. Kurt quickly turned around, seeing the one and only Dave.

"D-Dave? Is it really you? I'm not dreaming am I?" Kurt asked aloud.

"It's me, Kurt." Dave said before attacking him in a hug. "Oh Kurt. I've waited so long for you. Now I have you in my arms again. Forever. For eternity."

"I told you I couldn't live without you." Kurt whispered. He suddenly felt something being wrapped around them. He looked around, seeing a pair of huge, beautiful white angel wings. He noticed they were coming from Dave's back.

"Well, now I'm here. You're here. We're together." Dave whispered.

"Forever?"

"Forever." Dave whispered before placing his soft lips against Kurt's.

*The End*





^ back to top ^