A+    A-

Chapter 1

Dave walked down the dark, empty street, kicking a few rocks in the process. Today made two years since his best friend, Kurt Cobain, had commit suicide, or well, maybe was even murdered.

Two years, yet Dave still wasn't over it. Every fucking night was a new dream about Kurt. He kept replaying memories of Kurt in his head. Good and bad times.

Kurt was Dave's best friend. His closes friend. And one of the best guys he had ever met. The first time Dave had got into Nirvana, he lived with Kurt for eight months. The house was always a mess. You could hardly even walk through it half the time.

Dave had always had a thing for Kurt. Kurt was just so beautiful. Everything about him. His appearance, his attitude, everything. Dave liked how Kurt didn't give a fuck what people thought about him. He even did a few things to piss people off.

Sure, Kurt and Dave had given each other blowjobs before, and Kurt would even want to go further, because he was sexually attracted to men, but Dave would stop him. Of course, he would absolutely love to do that with Kurt, but his wife was the problem.

For some reason, Dave had never like Kurt's wife, Courtney. He still doesn't. There was just something about her he hated. Maybe he was just jealous of her.

"Dave, is that you?" A voice called. Dave would recognize the voice anyway. It was Krist. The bass player of Nirvana. The two of them had really had fun together, acting crazy and doing crazy things. Now, they hardly had a full conversation.

"Krist? Hey, man. How's it going?" Dave asked, a small smile appearing on his face. Dave could tell Krist was tired. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked as if he hadn't had a good sleep in a while.

"It's going okay. How about you?"

Dave sighed and nodded. "Fine I guess."

"You guess?" Krist asked, leaning against the brick wall of a building.

"I really miss Kurt, man. I keep having dreams of him. I can't stop thinking of him. I just feel like I'm fucking going crazy."

Krist sighed as he pulled out a cigarette. "I know how you feel, Dave. He's been on my mind a lot, too. Want a cigarette?"

Dave shook his head. "No, thanks. Where are you heading?"

Krist shrugged. "I just needed a walk I guess."

Dave nodded. "Yeah... well, I'm gonna be heading on home. Today has been a really long day."

Krist stood up and gave him a quick hug. "It has, hasn't it? Take care, Dave."

"You too." Dave replied before he continued to walk on home. As he walked, he looked up at the sky. He watched as a shooting star passed by. He remembered once when Kurt told him wishes were shit. He had made a ton of wishes and not even one had come true.

Dave sighed before closing his eyes. "I wish Kurt was still alive." He whispered. He kept his eyes closed for a moment before opening them, the shooting star gone now. He was kinda expecting Kurt to be standing in front of him, but no. Nothing but darkness.

He rolled his eyes before he continued on walking until he had finally reached his home. The night air suddenly got colder, making Dave shiver before he walked inside his home. He didn't bother to do anything else before he went up to his room, flopping on the bed.

Dave felt a little different. He couldn't really explain it, but something was different. He thought maybe it was because he was just tired.

He closed his eyes, falling into a deep sleep. Little did Dave know, the next morning would be the best of his life.

Chapter 2

"Dave! Dave, wake up!" A raspy voice said. Dave slowly opened his eyes to see Kurt standing in front of him, a rolled up cigarette in his mouth. Dave's eyes went wide.

"K-Kurt? You're-You're Kurt!" Dave said, sitting up from the bed. Kurt looked at him with a confused face.

"Dave, are you alright?" He asked, putting his hand on Dave's shoulder. Dave jumped up from the bed and looked around. He was no longer in his home, but in Kurt's.

"Dave, what's going on?" Kurt asked in concern before he took a drag of his cigarette.

"Oh my god. What the fuck is going on?" Dave whispered to himself. Then he remembered the wish he made to bring Kurt back. He glanced over at the calendar that was in the wall. At the top it read April 1991.

"It's really 1991?" Dave asked. Kurt nodded.

"Yeah. April 17, 1991. Why?"

"Kurt, you're... you're back." Dave said as he grabbed Kurt's arms, feeling of his cold skin. He wrapped Kurt in his arms, giving him a long and tight hug. Kurt, who had no idea what was going on, awkwardly patted Dave's back.

"You're here. You're actually back." Dave whispered in his ear. He pulled away from Kurt and felt of his face and hair before he took a long smell of Kurt's greasy hair.

"Wow, that's really creepy, Dave. You sure you're alright?" He asked. Dave was so happy he laughed.

"I'm fine, Kurt. I'm-I'm great! I'm just so happy to see you." Dave said with a huge smile before he kissed Kurt's head.

"We haven't seen each other in like... nine hours." Kurt said with a chuckle.

"But it felt like years." Dave said. "Gosh you're beautiful."

Kurt blushed a little and chuckled. "Umm... thanks?"

"You look so alive. Oh my god. You're eyes... they're so alive!" Dave said happily.

"Well as far as I know I am alive." Kurt said, taking the last drag of his cigarette. Dave smiled. He couldn't believe it. Kurt was here. Kurt was actually here.

"Will you play guitar for me?" Dave asked.

"Uh, sure." Kurt said with a shrug. He pulled his guitar out from underneath his bed and tuned it.

"What song?"

"How about one from In Utero?"

Kurt looked at him in confusion. "What's In Utero?"

Fuck! Dave thought. He forgot that the album wasn't released until 1993.

"I... I ugh... I mean Come As You Are. Yeah, you play that song so good."

Kurt smiled. "Okay." He mumbled before he began to play. Dave watched as Kurt's fingers moved around on the guitar as he played the riff.

"Come as you are. As you were. As I want you to be..." Kurt sang. Dave smiled. He missed that voice so much.

"I love your voice." Dave said with a smile.

"Well, you're being awfully sweet and weird today." Kurt said, picking random strings. Dave chuckled.

"Sorry."

"Oh, it's fine." Kurt said, winking.

Dave smiled. "You're really here." He whispered.

Chapter 3

Thanks for the reads/votes/comments! :) I thought this story would be really terrible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There's a party tonight. You wanna go?" Kurt asked. Dave's eyes went wide. The party. That's where he met Courtney. He couldn't let Kurt go.

"Umm... no. I-I think you should stay here, Kurt." Dave said.

"Why?"

"Because uh... I want you to stay with me."

"Why? Is something wrong?"

Dave sighed. "No. I just want to be with you tonight. Just me and you."

"Well... I think I'm going." Kurt said, reaching for the doorknob.

"I'm having suicidal thoughts." Dave lied easily and quickly. Kurt looked over at him with a frown.

"Suicidal thoughts?" He questioned. "I thought you were happy?"

"I-I'm not and please, please don't leave me here alone. I'm afraid I might do something stupid." Dave pleaded. Kurt nodded and took a seat beside him.

"Why are you having those kind of thoughts?" Kurt asked as he pulled out a cigarette from the pack. Dave sighed.

"I... I don't know. I'm just, umm, depressed."

"But... you act so happy... Like yesterday when you saw me."

Dave bit his lip. "I know I act happy around you and Krist... but-"

"But you're not... How long have you been depressed?"

Dave scratched the back of his neck. He knew if Kurt found out he was lying about this he'd surely get bitched at. "For a while now. Can I ask you something?"

Kurt crossed his legs. "Shoot."

"Are... are you happy?"

Kurt took a drag of his cigarette. He pondered the question for a moment. "Well... yeah. I mean, sometimes I feel a little you know, depressed. But not suicidal depressed."

He's lying. Dave thought. If he wasn't too depressed he wouldn't have done it.

"Would you ever commit suicide?" Dave asked as he looked at his lap. He could feel tears swelling in his eyes.

"I don't think so. I have enough support from my friends and family to keep me alive you know." Kurt said as he put out his cigarette. He looked at Dave a second before wiping the tears out of his eyes.

"Why're you crying, Dave?"

"I'm just afraid of losing you. Promise me you won't do anything to hurt yourself."

Kurt nodded. "Okay. I promise. But... only if you promise the same."

Dave smiled a little. "Yeah. I promise."

"Good... Good. So I think I need to wash my hair now. I haven't washed it in a few weeks. Will you come and play me some music?" Kurt asked.

"Yeah. Sure. Just go ahead and get in the bath. I'll get you some clothes, okay?"

Kurt didn't say anything. He just tugged up the stairs and into the bathroom. Dave went up to Kurt's room and opened his closet. All his clothes was still there.

Dave smiled. He couldn't believe Kurt was really back. The wish came true.

He picked out some pajamas for Kurt considering it was almost time for bed. He took a long smell of the clothes and smiled. He missed the scent so much.

He grabbed the radio that was sitting on Kurt's nightstand and took it in the bathroom where Kurt sat in the bathtub, shampooing his hair.

"So, what do you wanna hear?" Dave asked as he plugged the radio up.

"Umm... can you maybe find something by The Melvin's?" Kurt asked.

"Sure." Dave said with a nod. He switched through the radio stations until he finally found it.

"I hate shampooing my hair." Kurt whined.

"Want me to do it for you?" Dave asked, blushing a little. Kurt shrugged.

"If you want to, then sure."

Dave kneeled down beside the bathtub and shampooed Kurt's hair for him. Kurt leaned against the back of the tub, closing his eyes. "We have a fucking interview to do tomorrow. I don't wanna go to that shit." Kurt groaned.

"I know you hate them, but it's alright. Hopefully it won't last long." Dave said.

"Yeah. Are they're any bath salts?"

"Maybe in the closet." Dave said. He opened the closet that was in the bathroom and pulled out some bath salts. He poured it in Kurt's water.

"Thank you." Kurt mumbled. He lit up a cigarette and took a long drag. Dave chuckled at him. Damn, he missed Kurt so much.

Chapter 4

"I don't wanna go to this fucking interview." Kurt whined from the front seat. Dave smiled at him from the backseat. He was still the same Kurt.

"It's only suppose to last like thirty minutes." Krist said as he stopped at a red light. Kurt groaned and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What do you think Dave?" Kurt asked.

"I don't know. I mean, interviews aren't the worse thing in the world." Dave said with a shrug. Kurt nibbled on his finger nail as Krist parked the car.

"Let's go get this over with." Kurt said as he rolled his eyes.

---

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Dave asked as he threw his arm around Kurt's shoulder, pulling him closer.

"I guess not." Kurt said as he lit up a cigarette. He held it up to Dave's lips, allowing him to take a drag, which he did.

"I just wanna go home and write some songs, you know. You should come and help me come up with some guitar riffs." Kurt said to him. Dave shrugged and followed him inside his home.

"Alright. Go get your guitar." Dave said. Kurt smiled and hooped up the stairs, coming back with his Fender and a piece of paper.

"Alright. I have some lyrics... Umm... I just need a guitar riff." Kurt said, handing Dave the piece of paper. He read through the lyrics and instantly knew the song. It was Dive.

"I was thinking maybe we could put this song on the album we're working on. Incesticide. Unless the song isn't any good."

"No, no. This song is great, Kurt. It's absolutely amazing. Here, let me see the guitar for a second." Dave said. Kurt handed him the guitar and watched as Dave played the riff.

"How did you come up with that so fast?" Kurt asked. Dave's eyes went wide.

"Uh... I don't know. It just kinda came to mind."

"Oh. Well I came up with this one song. I have the guitar riff and everything for it." He said as he took the guitar from Dave.

Dave recognized the song. It was aneurysm. It brought tears to his eyes to see Kurt playing it, just like he had so long ago. Dave thought he'd never see Kurt again, but the wish actually came true. And here Kurt was. Looking so beautiful and alive as ever.

Kurt looked up at Dave and stopped playing. "You okay, man? You seem really emotional all the sudden. Is it because of the depression?" Kurt asked. Dave wiped his eyes and nodded.

"Uh... yeah. That song is really beautiful, by the way. I love it."

Kurt smiled and sat his guitar down on the floor before he sat on Dave's lap. "Do you want a blowjob?" He whispered in Dave's ear. Dave chuckled and blushed a little.

"Nah. I'm good." Dave said.

"Oh." Kurt mumbled.

"Do you?" Dave asked.

"Well... I was kinda hoping we could go a little farther this time, you know."

"Kurt, I really-"

"I'll let you top. I don't mind." Kurt said with a hopeful smile. "Please, Dave. I really want it."

"But... I don't want to hurt you." Dave mumbled. Kurt cupped his cheek and pressed his lips to Dave's. Dave didn't waste any time kissing the beautiful blonde back.

Dave wrapped his arms around Kurt, holding him in place so he could kiss him. The two boys kissed passionately as Kurt's hand went wandering up Dave's shirt.

"Kurt, I don't know..." Dave said as he suddenly pulled away. Kurt ignored him and slipped his own shirt off, tossing it on the floor.

"I need it though, Dave." Kurt whispered and bit his bottom lip.

"But... I-"

"Please." Kurt said desperately. "If it hurts too much I'll tell you to stop."

Dave sighed. "Alright. Fine."

Kurt smiled and pressed his lips to Dave's again.





^ back to top ^