A+    A-

Chapter One

A shiver ran down Kurt's shine as the cold wind blew gently. Leafs swirled around his feet as he continued to walk on home. The sky was a light grey, and Kurt knew it would snow anytime.

"Hey, Kurt." A flirty voice said in front of him. He looked up to see Courtney. She had had the biggest crush on Kurt for the longest time, but Kurt had no feelings for her. It wasn't just her, it was every girl. Kurt had never been attracted to any woman. Instead, he had found himself craving men. Wanting their touch and love. He knew it was weird, and that he shouldn't feel that way. No man felt that way for another man. So would does he?

Kurt didn't reply back, he didn't even watch as she walked by. Of course, Courtney was a very lovely girl, but Kurt didn't want a girl.

He continued walking until he made his way home. He carefully walked up the stairs that led to his door. As soon as he opened it, he was greeted with by his mother.

"Come on, sweetheart, we have to go." She said as she rushed into her coat.

"Go where?" Kurt asked. He tucked his blonde hair behind his ear.

"We're having dinner with our new neighbors. What took you so long to get home? Did you stop by Krist's?" She asked. Kurt shrugged, but nodded.

"Okay. Be good for me, okay? We won't stay long."

Kurt nodded. "Okay, mom."

* * * *

"My son, Dave, should be home soon. He went to look at some drums, or something like that." Ms. Grohl informed.

Kurt stood by his mother, nervously picking at his nails that he had bit to the quick. He always felt nervous when he met the new neighbors. He didn't want them to get a bad impression of him.

"Hi, what's your name?" A low voice said behind Kurt. He turned around to see a younger girl.

"Um, Kurt."

The girl smiled. "Nice name. I'm Lisa." And then the smile turned into a grin. And then she giggled.

"Oh. Okay." Kurt just simply said. He turned his attention back to his mother who was talking to the older woman.

"Well, everyone, lets take a seat." Ms. Grohl said, taking everyone over to the couch. Kurt took a seat beside his mother and then Lisa took a seat beside him.

"Can you draw good?" She asked Kurt.

"I'm okay I guess."

She smiled. "Good. Can you draw me something for my art class?"

Before Kurt could answer, Lisa jumped up from the couch. When she returned, she had colored pencils and paper.

"Have fun." She said with a smile.

Almost as soon as Kurt began to draw, he got into it. He didn't even hear the door open and quietly close. The boy with the dark, by the name of Dave, stood close to the door. He looked around the room and his eyes quickly landed on the beautiful blonde sitting beside his sister.

He looked down at his eyes. Such a beautiful blue. And then his nose. And then his lips, that looked oh so kissable. His eyes continued to travel down, checking out the small boy. But that quickly stopped when his sister cleared her throat.

At the noise, Kurt took his attention away from the paper to look up at the wide eyed boy. Their eyes met, but only a second before Lisa spoke up and they broke eye contact.

"Dave, this is Kurt, our neighbor. Kurt, this is Dave, my brother." She informed.

"Hi." Both boys said at the same time. Dave lightly blushed as Kurt bit into his bottom lip.

"Oh, this is my son, Dave." Ms. Grohl said with a smile. Dave looked away from Kurt to look at his mother.

"Yeah. Sorry I was gone so long mom." Dave said before he took a seat beside his sister. He looked down at the notebook to see the picture Kurt was drawing.

"What are you drawing?" Dave asked.

"A puppet on strings." Kurt said softly as he continued. Dave watched as Kurt moved his hands slowly. He watched the perfect lines Kurt had on the paper, and soon, he was done. Kurt looked up at Dave again, their eyes locking once more.

"I think it's time to go now, Kurt." His mother said as she slipped on her jacket. Kurt looked up at the clock to see it was already getting late.

"Yeah. It's getting late." Kurt said softly. He stood up from the couch and stretched his arms.

"It was nice meeting you, Kurt." Lisa said, smiling. Kurt nodded before rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Nice meeting you too." Kurt said before he cleared his throat. Dave quietly sighed in disappointment.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys around. Bye, Dave." Kurt said, smiling nervously. Dave couldn't help but to smile back.

"Goodbye, Kurt."

Kurt's mother said her goodbyes before they left. Ms. Cobain looked up at Kurt and smiled.

"So, how do you like them?" She asked.

Kurt shrugged. "They're alright."

Note

I'd like to apologize for not updating in so long. Just a lot of things have happened. But I promise you guys I will start updating. I'm starting on a new chapter at this moment.

Must Read

Oh my god...

So someone by the name of kurtysdave has written a Eddie Vedder/Kurt Cobain story!!

And Kurt gets pregnant...

It's really good. You have to check it out.



^ back to top ^