A+    A-

"Get back over here!" I yelled and splashed Dave with some of the sea water. We were on the beach, we snuck out of the tour bus while Krist was sleeping.

"You'll have to catch me first!"

Dave ran around in the water and chased the tide, occasionally chasing seagulls off of the shore.

I laid on the warm sand and watched the drummer run around, carefree, and so happy. It brought a smile to my face, something I haven't really done for a while.

I shut my eyes and listened to the sound of the ocean. It was really soothing, and beautiful. I opened my eyes and Dave was gone.

This was when I got panicked. I ran around trying to find him. Maybe he went back on the tour bus, but I'm positive he would've told me first

It took me about ten minutes, but I found Dave's body lying on the tide. I ran over there as soon as possible, of course I'm scared right now, that's my Dave, just lying there.

I kneeled next to him, and put my hand on his chest. I couldn't feel him breathing. In a panic I inched closer to his face and leaned into his, and tried to give him mouth to mouth, a procedure I've learned when I taught swimming.

After about five seconds of connecting our lips, a smile crept across Dave's face. He pushed me on the sand and leaned into me and slowly moved our lips together.

My face blushed, and Dave finally broke away from me. He kissed me on the cheek a final time, and sat next to me and smiled proudly.

"I, I thought," I stammered, still in shock.

"What?" Dave cooed, and looked into my eyes.

"Y-You kissed me. You like me." I said, smiling to myself.

Dave cocked his head. "Yeah, is there a problem?" He splashed water in my face.

The cold water hit my skin. "What was that for?" I whined at him.

He laughed and poked my sides. "Nothing." He simply said.

We sat and watched the shore for hours, until it was sunset. It was beautiful outside, the sky was as pink as cotton candy and the breeze blew my soft hair in my face.

"Love you." Dave murmured.

I leaned into his face and kissed him on the lips. "What was that?" I asked, smirking.

He smiled and shook his head, and looked me in the face with those amazing brown eyes of his.

"Nevermind."



^ back to top ^